Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday's championship fixtures.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we win our next 2 the last game will be a dead rubber for Forest as our goal difference is far superior and should only get better with 2 wins
If Forest win today, GD will be 7 apart. If they win their next 2 by a single goal more than we do, it'll be down to 6. So a 3-0 win would put them above us.

On Monday, i shall mostly be supporting Burnley, Bournemouth, QPR and Leeds........:amex:
What about us?

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
If we win our next 2 home games, Reading and Ipswich cannot afford to drop any points, otherwise we will head into the last game with at least a 3 point cushion and better goal difference.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we win our next 2 home games, Reading and Ipswich cannot afford to drop any points, otherwise we will head into the last game with at least a 3 point cushion and better goal difference.
Agreed re Ipswich, as their GD is taking damage. But if we win 2, and lose the last, while Reading draw, win, win, they could easily catch the 2 goal difference.

Great point, because we lose by three goals SO regularly.
I didn't say it was likely, I'm simply pointing out it wouldn't be a dead rubber. Do you think Forest would go into such a game without thinking they've got a chance of reaching the top 6? Of course not, they'd be fighting to win by 3.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
This must be the most productive poor form we've ever been on?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Forest win, full time. Shame, but unconvinced it matters that much. Win our two games and I can't see them making up an 8 goal difference. In our hands now.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
So many permutations it's ridiculous. I don't think we'll know anything for sure until the final whistle goes against Forest on the final day.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
And Palace win again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Big result yesterday while not playing particularly well. That's how to stay in the top 6.
We didn't stay in the top 6 - we charged into it :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One thing we can all agree on is that winning these two home games will put us in a massively strong position on the final day, and who'd have thought that just 10 days ago or whenever it was we were due to get slaughtered by the champions elect.

Mental season. Mental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here