Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday could be very important....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
the nightmarish senario would be Albion v Sunderland in the next round assuming both clubs get through this one

Your joking right??? Sunderland at home would be a fantastic draw. If we don't know how to beat a Poyet side, then we are in trouble!!!! Although away wouldn't be so great, as the attendance at the Amex would be higher anyway.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Quick look on the vale board and it's their game of the season.

Hope we go for this big time . Good opportunity

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why?

That would be my most wanted game.

Your joking right??? Sunderland at home would be a fantastic draw. If we don't know how to beat a Poyet side, then we are in trouble!!!! Although away wouldn't be so great, as the attendance at the Amex would be higher anyway.

might well be a good draw

but can you imagine the year long binfest on here

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
It's a must win, if we need the revenue from a 5th round game, to finance a possible signing for the rest of the season. The money from a 5th round tie could pay a wage or two until the end of the season. If we don't NEED the money then your right, the Burnley game is much more important.
i wouldnt call saturday a must win

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In terms of the rest of our season. Win and get a plum 5th round draw away or at home and that could be the difference between, a signing that could really make a difference or not. If we really are running a very tight ship because of FFP. Saturday could just be a must win game, in terms of getting a quality player or two in.
Cup runs don't effect the budget TB said so himself.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
If we win Id like, on paper the most winnable tie in the next round. Come through that, in to the last 8 against a top team and the prospect of being1 win away from a semi-final date at Wembley!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
putting money to one side, at the moment a top premiership draw at home would do wonders for boosting a large amount of the support's flagging enthusiasm I think. The Amex has been at times a morgue and with no obvious marque signings on the way (so far) and a few leaving the club, a boost is definitely needed. So for me, regardless of the final score although taking a major scalp would be priceless, a decent end to end game against top class opposition filling the away end to the max would be a real tonic and much needed for the run in that's ahead.

In take it you never went to the withdean if you think the Amex is a morgue?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Kev is spot on, it's a huge game. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for Chelsea or Arsenal away after we've dispatched of Vale.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I hope the players are up for this. I want them to go out and humiliate Vale. Not because I have anything against the Valiants, and nor do I think they are a push over. I just want them to through down their credentials as a team once more.

We're 7th, which is great, but we need to stretch our legs in the flairtastic league again. Come on Albion.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Score first.

He still hasn't managed a win after conceding the first goal in 90 minutes, Sunderland beat Chelsea in extra time after equalising in normal time. It really is a quite remarkable statistic now, must be well over 100 games since a Poyet side won a game having conceded the first goal.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sunderland at home would be enormous. Yes, we would know a lot about Gus' strategy but, then, he would know a lot about our team. Would be really pleased with that draw if we can get past Vale (not straightforward IMHO).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He still hasn't managed a win after conceding the first goal in 90 minutes, Sunderland beat Chelsea in extra time after equalising in normal time. It really is a quite remarkable statistic now, must be well over 100 games since a Poyet side won a game having conceded the first goal.

Too cautious / over-defensive IMHO. Still, I'm sure he will beat the drop.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'd like us to lose. Only because I'm out of the bloody country on 5th round weekend and will be gutted to miss our no doubt plum home tie against some huge team.

Or, for us to win and for said plum home tie to be televised and a late kick-off on the Sunday at the Amex. Then I can just about get there.

That's that agreed then. Not selfish at all. Ta. :tosser:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Too early for Gus to return to the amex for me. I'd prefer to give it another year ( whether that be with Sunderland or someone else ).

Likewise I could do with a Palace free year.

No point in speculating yet, we've still got a tricky tie v Port Vale to win.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Too early for Gus to return to the amex for me. I'd prefer to give it another year ( whether that be with Sunderland or someone else ).

Likewise I could do with a Palace free year.

No point in speculating yet, we've still got a tricky tie v Port Vale to win.

I agree on all points.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, we really looked the business V Liverpool. Not sure if Dunk has recovered yet:(

I was thinking more of the home League Cup match vs. Liverpool where we gave them a decent game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here