Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Satisfied with our business?

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Last season we were joint top scorers in this division ! We missed out on promotion because we conceded more than the teams that were promoted. We have retained last seasons strike force and probably improved by replacing Zamora with Murray. The focus this window has been on improving the defence. We have March, Goldson and Hunnemeir returning from injury and it's looking more and more likely that we have retained the best midfield in the division.

We have not improved up front though, have still not replaced Wilson and going with only 3 strikers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That was 23.00 yesterday though?

'Published 23:00 31st August'?

To be fair to the club though, they've almost certainly been adding to that email throughout the transfer window, and may add further to it yet. They seem to have screwed up by publishing it earlier than intended tho.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I just can't get my head around the club going with just 3 strikers.

Unbelievable

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We do need another striker, but then we didn't do too badly last season. We should make the play offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We have not improved up front though, have still not replaced Wilson and going with only 3 strikers

Wilson's contribution was debatable after a great start. Numbers wise I agree as 3 isn't enough. I'm arguing that we need a back up striker rather than the marquee pace king that a lot of people seem to want.
Don't get me wrong though. If Tony can afford another top championship striker then I'm all for it. Same for any position. I just don't believe our season is dependent upon it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A top, top striker would be the icing on the cake. Without that I suspect playoffs are the limit - but could spend a hell of a lot of money and that could still be the case given the spending power of opponents. Although we only have 3 strikers, we have a lot of scoring potential throughout the side compared to many other squads so it's not the end of the world. Keeping the best CM partnership in the division together was probably more important and overall we are stronger in every area. So a qualified success - certainly not a failure - if nothing changes from now til the deadline.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The more i think about it the more disappointed i am. We are so close to having the perfect squad to challenge again. Sadly we fall well short up top. Hughton has said all along and so to us fans that we need another forward. It's blindly obvious injuries did it for us last year.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Still need a number 10 to provide pressure and back up for Baldock if he gets injured I fear we will suffer, I don't agree that Murrey and Hemed can not play together they are both seasoned professionals who will click

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yeah, I'm amazed at people like you who would rather one of our best players, one of the best players in our league last year, was playing for Burnley and not us.

Sometimes you need to fight to keep hold of your stars, and not just roll over like a pathetic dog.

A player who clearly refused to play the last few games despite what Hughton says and then hands in a transfer request. A player who refuses all summer to sign a new deal but yeah great news. One of the best players who wants out but you want to keep him.Got it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A player who clearly refused to play the last few games despite what Hughton says and then hands in a transfer request. A player who refuses all summer to sign a new deal but yeah great news. One of the best players who wants out but you want to keep him.Got it.

He clearly didn't refuse to play, anyone who did that under Hughton would be straight out the door. I don't hold it against him that he would like to play in the premier league, but he will have to wait another year for that, and I have absolute faith that he will continue to provide the performances that will get him to the premier league next year. Its a shame that you don't have that faith in him or our manager or our chairman, but that's your issue. Like i said, fighting to keep our best players is a strength, not a weakness.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So a bit like Dunk last year, but not quite as bad. Glad we didn't persevere with him !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just can't get my head around the club going with just 3 strikers.

Unbelievable
Yesterday you said that put us in the play-offs. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here