Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Satisfied with our business?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Some fans feel entitled and want to throw their teddies out of the pram, because the millions already spent haven't got what they wanted.

I think what the fans genuinely want is promotion for TB. It is precisely because he has put those millions in that they want him to start getting a financial return.

Fans want a new striker to give us a better chance of achieving this and I believe TB and CH are well aware that this is what is needed. Lets hope this evening brings us all that striker.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
An upgrade on Baldock would have been nice, keeping Stephens would be a bonus (especially if we can get him to sign another contract).

Yeah, we're stronger than how we ended last season so can't complain.

what you seem to be unaware of , is the fact that other clubs are strengthening, so increasing their chances of promotion, we just do what we've done for five years, rely on what we've got.

Not satisfied. If Murray is injured we will struggle to make top 6.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hate to say it but I feel our bang average forward line will be the difference this season . More heartbreak on the way

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I find it a bit depressing to be honest, its all about squad depth in this league, generally we have done good and made advances but...3 strikers is simply not enough to get out of this division. If it was a level playing field i would be happy but if we want to compete then we need more quality depth throughout and we have not got this up front.

10 years ago i would be over the moon with this squad but in this modern age of money, i dont think its enough for promotion. Depessing really it all about the money...

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was genuinely worried that we'd need to go through the season without a loan left-back for the first time in what feels like forever. Glad it's been sorted out.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yes and no - we've signed some quality and definitely improved our strength in depth, which will be vital over the long season to come, but I still feel we just need one more in.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Assuming DS stays, chuffed that all last season's brilliant players have been retained. Prayed for that back in May.

Pleased with the reinforcements, but we desperately needed a proven finisher with pace.

We didn't have one last season and fell only one goal, in effect, short of automatic promotion. It was losing leads at Bolton, QPR and Derby that did for us.

As they say in the USA, attack wins games, but defence wins titles, and that applies here too. To take one example: Everton were reigning champions in 1985 and signed Gary Lineker. He scored 30 league goals and 40 in all competitions (and was, I believe, leading scorer in the top flight) in the 1985-86 season, but Everton finished runners-up in the league and lost to Liverpool in the FA Cup final.

So did Everton look to score even more goals next time round? No, they sold Lineker to Barcelona at the end of the season and bought central defender Dave Watson instead. Their top league scorer in 1986-87 was midfielder Trevor Steven with 14 - but they reclaimed the league title, finishing above Tottenham, who had the leading scorer in the country, 49-goal Clive Allen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The final table may make it look like that but it's not actually true. We were joint top scorers because we scored hatfulls in the last month but this didn't affect our points total. One more point in the period from October to January, when we were dreadful up front, would've given us automatic promotion

October to January was of course a period before we signed Knocky and Skalak, who greatly improved our goal threat. Thereafter we scored a hatfull of goals with the same strike force as before, with Zamora becoming more and more frequently unavailable. We've still got that strike force, plus Murray (OK, without Wilson, but that's not much of a loss).

Yes, we'd better all raise our voices and complain to high heaven!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
no from me

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Would have liked a decent striker. But in reality we've got (almost) the same team as last season, but a bit better. So we've got as good of a chance as anyone else I reckon.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I feel we are at least a striker short of where I would have liked to be. Arguably two short. Manu seems to be our 4th striker and as there does not seem to be Development squad forward ready to step up it seems likely we will struggle to score if/ when injuries kick in. Fantastic to have held onto all the players from last year but obviously Stephens situation does not look great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here