SASTA - what an absolute shower

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I suspect that has everything to do with staff morale being rock bottom more than attitude.
No, his attitude was shit, what caused the attitude is debatable, what isn't debatable is that his attitude was shit, if his morale is that bad, leave the job or stay and do it to the best of his ability .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sleeting rain will no doubt hold up work, main line due to open at 04:00 hrs tomorrow morning.

Anyone else predict carnage tomorrow on Southern Railway ?

Good day to WFH

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sleeting rain will no doubt hold up work, main line due to open at 04:00 hrs tomorrow morning.

Anyone else predict carnage tomorrow on Southern Railway ?

Good day to WFH

Not currently scheduled to WFH as yet, so will get up as normal but check the website before even thinking about getting ready.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So is there anyone "in the know" on here who has any idea if things are going to be finished in time for tomorrows morning rush hour? Aim to be on the 0630 GE out of Brighton in the morning.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I was just going to ask the same thing.

I see there was flooding at Wivelsfield earlier and more rain is forecast overnight, so even if the scheduled works are completed there may be weather-related problems early tomorrow.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So is there anyone "in the know" on here who has any idea if things are going to be finished in time for tomorrows morning rush hour? Aim to be on the 0630 GE out of Brighton in the morning.

Anyone who has commuted for any length of time is ITK. It's going to be shite.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Southern have tweeted that the works are going to finish on time. I call bullshit...

s3VQcom.jpg

Where do I start? Lost my Seagulls wallet (in a very minor way I hope to contribute to SA strikers) which had the Key swipe card. This was duly cancelled, however a chap from Portslade retrieved it. Very many thanks: you are an honest man! Hope you enjoyed the bubbly, beer and chocs for Christmas.

Emailed twice subsequently and phoned twice for new card. Staff at station said I had to buy tickets meanwhile until I got it back. Then, a more experienced member of staff acquiesced to give me a paper pass to cover for said smart card (grateful). Have now received email saying that they are glad that I have got the card and am using it, despite the fact I have still not received.

Why does it take a bank to replace your card three days and railway company five weeks ffs?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so the very thing they were supposed to be improving after ten days isnt fixed? can we change the thread title to include National Rail?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the radio they were saying that there are no trains to London from Hastings this morning. Welcome back everyone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good morning everyone. As it's minus 11 (eleven) here I've decided to leave the bicycle at home and take public transport. I'll let you know how I get on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good morning everyone. As it's minus 11 (eleven) here I've decided to leave the bicycle at home and take public transport. I'll let you know how I get on.

Nothing to report; pretty uneventful really. Happy new year everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports