Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarah Watts - a real Albion hero RIP

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's really sad news. I never met her but, like so many Albion supporters, I knew of her sterling efforts in battling to save the club and the hours of work she put in for us fans.

RIP Sarah

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That is so noddy, a proper minutes applause or silence before the match would be a far superior tribute

Oh yes, that would be better.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
This is the dreadful news that we knew was inevitable but is no less shocking as a result.

Sarah was one of a number of friends I made during the battles and in a strange way I thank those evil b'stards for bringing us together.

Rest in Peace Sarah. You're welcome to kip on my floor again anytime

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Tragic news, a happy smiling face that was ever present at grounds all over the country, whichever way you turned up she would always already be there. Condolences to her family & long standing Albion friends

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Truly Sarah was one of our Albion hero's through the good times and the bad, sincere condolences to her family and her many friends, she will be greatly missed by us all.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Very sad news. RIP a real Albion stalwart and always a pleasure to talk with.

Very sad and upset to hear about Sarah .. I knew her very well when we campaigned marched protested during the Goldstone days .. I also shared a room with her on our trips to the Federations AGM.. I was on the SC committee with Sarah for many years . She worked hard and very committed to the cause of saving the club .. After moving away I didn't see her as much but I still have find memories of her .. Liz and Sarah were a double act ... My heart and prayers go out to her and her family .... RIP Sarah from the other Sarah (Lawday) Turner x

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Players and managers come and go, but fans like her are the lifeblood of the club. I didn't know her personally but I knew of her and regularly saw her at games. As many have said if it wasn't for her tremendous efforts over countless years we wouldn't have the club we do today.

At times like these it puts football into perspective. There are more important things in life.

You'll never be forgotten - RIP Sarah.

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
I never really knew Sarah but we have met on the odd occassion. Its a sad loss to the club, her support towards the Albion will never be forgotten and nor should it it be. RIP Sarah.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
So shocked and saddened, I had no idea she had not been well. I met her on away trips just occasionally though I didn't often get the chance through military service to do that. I recall her input into our war with those that sold us out.
The ultimate fan, to be taken so young, so very very sad. There needs to be some memorial for her, that her work for the club she loved isn't forgotten. Rest in Peace Sarah. .. .. :bhasign:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Very sad to hear about the passing of Sarah Watts.
A genuine legend in many ways.
May your friendly soul rest in peace

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For those who didn't know Sarah Watts, or perhaps who couldn't put a name to the face, this is her (I hope the Supporters Club won't mind me borrowing the image from their website). A lady who devoted countless hours to following even the very worst of Albion teams all around the country, on the famous red & cream-liveried Brighton & Hove Buses coach. She probably spent more time on that coach than most of the company's drivers have in their entire careers.

Thanks for all you've done for our football club, Sarah. Where you are now, I don't know, but I like to think the seats there are blue & white and the Albion always win (10-0 when we play Palace).

IMG_1059.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pretty much the same experience for me. I first met her when I used to travel on the away coaches years ago and I didn't know she was ill. Very sad news indeed. RIP Sarah

It's funny, while we all remember the struggles with Archer and Bellotti she will leave a legacy of so many friendships. I joined the supporters club when I was 17 because the coach was the only way I could afford to get to away games. Through them I met Tony Parsons and [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION], two of the finest football fans there are and, later, on the terraces Mr [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] who I then ended up meeting you through and taking up cricket again. There must be loads of us of around this age with similar stories and that's only one generation, excluding relationships formed at FFA, Gillingham and Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here