Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
That's because there is generally little value in January and it's usually a seller's market.
This year may be different with the effects of Covid biting deeper into many clubs finances.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ulloa and Kayal and possibly Knockaert were all January signings.
So when he does do business in January, he makes some great deals.

I'm with you on the Jan trf window. It'll be very different this time round. If there's still no sign of fans coming back in reasonable numbers the pips will be squeaking at some clubs (esp in Europe, where revenue from TV is much lower). I think in the current climate it pays to err on the side of prudence. I'm sure we'll have a load of targets which we will be watching very carefully over the next 3 months....not only the players themselves, but the financial position of their clubs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm with you on the Jan trf window. It'll be very different this time round. If there's still no sign of fans coming back in reasonable numbers the pips will be squeaking at some clubs (esp in Europe, where revenue from TV is much lower). I think in the current climate it pays to err on the side of prudence. I'm sure we'll have a load of targets which we will be watching very carefully over the next 3 months....not only the players themselves, but the financial position of their clubs.

Absolutely. I’ll be disappointed and probably frustrated if we continue to play well and lose because of lack of quality in front of goal. TB appears to be holding his nerve much better than pretty well every other lower PL team and it’s not rocket science to come to the conclusion that it’s the best approach.

Doesn’t stop me being pissed off we haven’t got a marquee forward signing though, we are that close to being really comfortable this season imo :smile:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Gyokeres to Swansea confirmed. Scoop for Naylor then.

Good.Just about the right level; there is a bit of 'now or never' about it from a future with The Albion point of view (IMHO) but a season at Swansea is a very positive move. One more reason to keep tabs on the Championship this season. All the best VG.

Go-go-go-Gyokeres!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Another season of toil and struggle lays ahead. I would think the 19 other clubs have us down as a favourite to take one of the bottom three spots

Not if they have watched all 3 of our league games they wouldn’t.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The way we played against Newcastle and the first Man Utd game i think we could hold down a middle of the table position without any further signings, it would give us the opportunity to play our promising youngsters

I agree... we need to fight but we are currently capable of holding down around 11th - 12th.

I was of course being tongue in cheek .... I’m perfectly okay with not blowing £30 million on unproven mercenaries or unproven championship players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good.Just about the right level; there is a bit of 'now or never' about it from a future with The Albion point of view (IMHO) but a season at Swansea is a very positive move. One more reason to keep tabs on the Championship this season. All the best VG.

Go-go-go-Gyokeres!

Plucky top until this afternoon

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cochrane to Union SG was suggested by ( I think ) The Mail.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good luck to Cochrane. Thought he looked really good in the U23 victory v Chelsea.

One less option if March gets injured/suspended.

Perhaps Bernardo is staying?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Cochrane appears to be being handled with kid gloves. But I trust the club.

I'm most interested to see where Sanders goes. I think he's quality and would thrive in a strong Championship team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports