Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami stays?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We have had boxing day matches rescheduled, because of transport links, fans have been upset by this and this year the club have (probably at significant cost to the club) arranged for transport links to ensure we get that boxing day home game.

If attendances aren't that big, why would they bother going to such trouble next year, or the year after? It's each fans choice, if they want to boycott, but be aware of the potential knock on effect.

And whose fault would it be?

After spending 42 years going to watch them and over 35 as a season ticket holder I am inclined to think f**k them at present. I will definitely not be going Boxing day if things remain as they are. I just can't justify it.

The club are royally f**king it up.

For what it's worth I shall be emailing Barber and telling him a few buzz words of my own

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Guys, I sense a consensus growing. No Boycott, Get behind the team Boxing Day. But absolutely no purchases in or around the ground. Let us give our shilling to businesses that welcome and do not patronise us like The Swan, Hikers and Lord Nelson. Let us take the message out by all means available to us (twitter etc..) and make it the first genuine campaign of the 'click and collect' era. If we can just get a few 1901ers to follow suit this will hurt Barber in a way that he understands. somebody think of a good hashtag to coalesce around and then let us hit the ether.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Summer: Brighton have £10m to spend, all the selling clubs up their prices. So we go for the cheap option, just for appearance sake, fully aware we will struggle.

Stick by Sami

January: Teams that have failed FFP will be in a weaker position as they have top sell players, will no longer be able to up their prices due to our player sales, we get a better deal on players who give Sami the team he needs, surge up the table, last day of the season sneak into the play offs, momentum behind us we storm into the premier league to go with our FA cup Final appearance.

Master plan revealed.

That could work if we , wel i donno er , oh yea sack that clueless chancer !

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Whilst I am willing to admit that the state of the squad is something that Hyppia can't be blamed for, that doesn't mean he isn't to blame for our woeful league position. Have we got a top 6 squad? No. Have we got a bottom 3 squad? Also, no.

Against Derby we started with three men in midfield, who between them had the same physical presence as Casper the Friendly Ghost whilst Ince, Holla and Toko all sat on the bench. Within 20 minutes we were 3-0 down and had to bring on Ince for damage limitation. Fast forward to the next game and the exact same midfield three start! Low and behold we couldn't get close to 'wall in Midfield which gave them the easiest 3 points they'll receive all season.

I'm sure he means well but he doesn't have a clue, it's that simple. Dropping Bennett so we can play Halford was quite frankly staggering. I'm not a huge fan of Bennett but he'd done nothing to deserve being dropped. Walton is brilliant for two games and is dropped to never be seen again. Caskey and Gardener do sod all every week but are untouchable. Loaning out all our strikers, then having to field a bench without an out-and-out forward. The list of simple mistakes he keeps making is staggering.

I'm resigned to L1 now. I've started trying to find positives for it already. JPT means a potential day at Wembley. Some decent away days to be had, less plastic fans & more reasonable ticket prices (away from home at least.). We were 180 minutes away from the Premier League 18 months ago, now I'm trying to see the positives in trips to Oldham, Walsall and Bradford. What's happened to our club? :(

Your first 3 paragraphs are spot on, i hope your fourth is way off the mark.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Haven't missed a game at the Amex but won't be going Boxing Day now.

And seriously considering my season ticket for next year if things don't change. (Which I never thought I'd hear myself say after being a season ticket holder for over 20 years including all thru the Gillingham and Withdean eras)

This is not a flounce - i genuinely have not felt less bothered about my team before.
I felt more enthused about a midweek JPT fixture at Withdean than I do for Chanpionship games at the Amex right now - how can that be?????

Is it the football you are watching, or the whining of other fans that is spoiling the day out though? For me it has been the latter more than the former.

After spending 42 years going to watch them and over 35 as a season ticket holder I am inclined to think f**k them at present. I will definitely not be going Boxing day if things remain as they are. I just can't justify it.

For what it's worth I shall be emailing Barber and telling him a few buzz words of my own

1 train an hour from North, calling at Haywards Heath then Brighton.
Nothing from the East.
Nothing from the West.
Shuttle between Brighton and Lewes (via Falmer)

I already know of 20+ not going for this reason alone.

Not sure about buses but someone mentioned they stop running a 6 p.m and the service is very, very limited.

If The Finnish Fcktard is still in place, I'll be at me mums eating a fantastic spread of cold meat and pickles.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
He is struggling, he looks out of his depth, he has probably not got the support he deserves but he is not an idiot! By all means criticise his management style and his achievements or lack of but please leave the personal insults out of it.

So, against Derby you are being completely overrun and are 3-0 down within 20 minutes. Only an idiot would start with the same midfield for the next game. No?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Another non-Boxing day attendee added to the list. The thought of seeing Murray cut through our defence as if it wasn't there and all that. The Amex is going to be a sea of blue...seats on the 26th Tony Bloom.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If this is true, and I'm presuming AN has got his info from somewhere reliable, then I can only assume it's because they want Hyypia to resign and save the compensation money. Short sighted I'd say. The boycotting of purchasing food and drink at the Amex on Boxing Day is the perfect answer. A nice message to the Board that they can't overlook the fans (sorry, customers!)

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
People are going completely OTT, how do you expect us to start getting results when the fans are booing the manager and players constantly, pathetic IMO.

****ing hell. For someone who ws so vociferous against one of the greatest managers the club has ever had, you aren't half being a wally about one of the worst...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It won't matter whose fault it is. The decision will have to be made early the train and bus companies will want as much notice as possible, fans hate short notice change to fixtures due to advance ticket deals etc. So the club will look at it as two options:

1) Spend a significant sum re-arranging a match and risk that we're not winning so fans don't bother showing up again and we lose money, or we're winning and potential profits are eaten into because of the extra travel costs
2) Rearrange the fixture save money not having to fund bank holiday transport, if we're losing fans don't show up we lose no extra money on top of the low attendance cost, or we're winning and fans pack the place even though it's not boxing day.

They will look at the cost/reward and could well decide it's not worth it.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
What I find incredulous about this is that Hyypia himself has, on more than one occasion, stated post-match that he's not sure if he's going to carry on (or similar). I appreciate that he's probably covering the basis in the event of his sacking, but do we really want someone with that potential mindset at the helm, all negative mindset and negative body posture etc.? To use the old cliche - you wouldn't exactly want someone like him alongside you in the trenches would you?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
we were talking about renewing our season tickets at the game on Friday and 9 out of 10 reckon they wont renew,this has confirmed it i think.
It was there in a nutshell for all to see on Friday against a team who had won one in 15,but obviously the board couldn't see it.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I refuse to go to another game with Hyypia in charge. So out of depth it's painful to watch.

To be quite honest I think a lot of people have already decided this. On Friday the 24K crowd was more like 16K and a lot of season ticket holders did not attend. It was the last straw for me. As soon as we saw the midfield picked, everyone around us said we would lose. At least we started well against Fulham, but against Millwall we were awful all game. Many people I have spoken to have said they will not go on Boxing day if Sami is still in charge as nothing will change. Expect 24k stated and 13k in the ground. If we go down then expect season tickets to half. What is the commercial sense in that. On Friday there was hardly any queing for drinks etc. The extra spend at the games must have dropped dramatically. People became season ticket holders on the basis that we would get to the premiership and they wanted to make sure they had seats. If we go down that carrot disappears for at least another three to four years if that happens people will only buy season tickets when we have a decent chance again. How much that will have cost the club over those few years will be difficult to call. having just built up the younger crowd base after 10 years in the wilderness they are risking throwing it all away in one season. Football fans are fickle they want to see the team win, but most of all play good football. They will not play top dollar in the championship if they don't get this. Go down to league one, will they reduce season ticket prices? I doubt it. If Sami stays it could be TB's biggest gamble ever.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm speechless, I just am so fed up now. I have tickets for the me, the wife, daughter and father in law against reading and now want my money back is that possible..... How many games do we have to wait ? Tony seems to be sticking with him, knowing eventually he might win a game. It seems his pride is much more important than the club, come on the world can see Sami is not cut out for this.....

We are also lead to believe Sami has already had one resignation letter rejected.... That alone is mind blowing.
Christ sake, I'm an angry sausage right now if this is true aswell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here