Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami stays?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bizarre all of it when Nsc must be 99% Hyypia out . As does everyone I've spoken too in pubs and around and about .

Bloom spent his money so can do what he wants . Probably thinks we are ungrateful . Non football man thinking he knows best unfortunately . Now was the time to sack . The next window will be after xmas and probably be adrift further . Foolish

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bizarre. I suspect they want a young manager who will be at the club for years to come but Tony is playing poker here. Looks like my season is over. Can't watch that rubbish if the will isn't there to fix it.

DavePage

Why stick with Sami when its cheaper to see ya? We’ll never see another full house at the Amex again. Probably spent too much money on the royal Flush after PooGate.
Yep bored, hoped for an answer yesterday, then the wait to Monday for good news just got gazumped by todays speculation.:shootself

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I watched it through again this morning without the frustration and desperation of Friday night. In the cold light of day I think that the midfield did ok, the big problem was up front - step forward Mr Bent.

What did the midfield do then, apart from gift Millwall their goal.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well the three wise men are royally messing up everyone's Christmas unless you want a jumper of course. Barber and Bloom have gone missing and are now entrenched somewhere ready to repell allcomers. Sami will just sit tight and keep taking the money as would anybody else even though the job his is currently doing would have seen him sacked weeks ago anywhere else. Missed Millwall and will also give Reading a miss. The outcome is simple Bin the Finn or lose the fans and then take years to recover what you have lost ... Over to Bloom ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I still think the manager may fall on his own sword before the month's out.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I spent a very enjoyable Friday evening at the Chequer Mead Arts Centre in East Grinstead, watching a Christmas concert given by the Irish Guards (it's a yearly concert to raise money for the Sussex branch of SSAFA). At first I was annoyed when my mother told me it was on Friday night. By Friday I was quite delighted to be going there instead of the Amex. I then watched that dross when I got home. On Boxing Day my aunt is desperate to have us over to join the rest of her family. I was using the Reading game as an excuse not to have to go, as I don't like those particular gatherings. Now, quite frankly, I am tempted to say I'm willing to go.

As for next season, if Hyypia is still there, that's it for me. I can't get to weekday games anyway, and getting match-by-match tickets for Saturday games should be pretty simple. My only reason for keeping the season ticket going this season is to see my mates, who mostly live on the South Coast, while I am in north Sussex or London. Yes, some might say "we don't need fans like you". Tough. I carried on being a STH after the McGhee relegation and even after a season of boredom from Wilkins. At that time, the club had a reason to be struggling. With the fabulous facilities we have there is no excuse for the situation we face, and it won't improve because Bloom and other board meetings are too pig-headed to do anything about it. I don't expect success every season - I would have been very content with mid-table this season, but to carry on when the solution is staring you in the face is just plain daft. Well, they can carry on if they wish, but I'm not going to back them in that case.

This. Perfectly sums up how I & many people I know feel.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
If it wasn't so pathetic it would be a comedy. Assuming Naylor is correct (and great that he is actually contributing something during the third managerial crisis of Barber's short tenure) then there can be nothing to defend the club here. Waiting for Hyypia to resign to save money does have a credible ring to it. Otherwise the senior management of the club are looking thoroughly incompetent. In any other business where your 2-3 year future is literally on the line, you take action to solve the issues as soon as you can. Letting this ridiculous situation perpetuate is close to suicidal.

After hearing the team announced pre-match on Radio Sussex, and Adam Virgo rightly ripping it to pieces, I walked to the stadium pretty much anticipating what happened (without the Millwall morons and their behaviour). To play the same midfield again that was torn apart by Derby seemd to suggest that Hyypia was deliberately trying to get sacked. You cannot continue with such a liability running team affairs - with a liability running recruitment - and a CEO who fleeces the fans and seems totally incapable of creating stability amongst the people working at the club.

I only hope that Bloom who has done so much right, finally understands the damage that is being wrought, and the genuine long term effects. I'm still so bemused by the idea that we have a stunning stadium, and a dream training centre, but we cut the corners with crap players and poor management on and off the pitch. Where does this end ? And with Barber's type of CV don't expect that he'll be hanging around to take any direct responsibility for all the carnage when we're in League One.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Slightly worried that the club/Bloom are going to chuck money at the problem, i.e. buying a load of players to go on top of the players Hyypia can't get the best out of, in a desperate attempt to show they are right and the fans are wrong. It didn't work with Adams and I can't seeing it working this time.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Bizarre all of it when Nsc must be 99% Hyypia out . As does everyone I've spoken too in pubs and around and about .

Bloom spent his money so can do what he wants . Probably thinks we are ungrateful . Non football man thinking he knows best unfortunately . Now was the time to sack . The next window will be after xmas and probably be adrift further . Foolish

TB is NOT a 'non football man'...12 years ago, when promoted, he spent over 30 minutes in a right old ding dong with me as to whether Charlie Oatway & others were going to cut it in the Championship.
He knows more detail AND cares more than 99% on here about the Albion

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The only possible reason I can think of for not sacking Sami, is he has a clause in his contract, that if its not working out, either party can terminate it halfway through the season.

I'm fairly certain with a new manager we can stay up this season. I still think the way the championship is, with a new manager I think we could still storm up the table. IMO the squad is there, IF used right.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Haven't missed a game at the Amex but won't be going Boxing Day now.

And seriously considering my season ticket for next year if things don't change. (Which I never thought I'd hear myself say after being a season ticket holder for over 20 years including all thru the Gillingham and Withdean eras)

This is not a flounce - i genuinely have not felt less bothered about my team before.
I felt more enthused about a midweek JPT fixture at Withdean than I do for Chanpionship games at the Amex right now - how can that be?????
Perhaps you've just been Barbered. You're not alone!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If it wasn't so pathetic it would be a comedy. Assuming Naylor is correct (and great that he is actually contributing something during the third managerial crisis of Barber's short tenure) then there can be nothing to defend the club here. Waiting for Hyypia to resign to save money does have a credible ring to it. Otherwise the senior management of the club are looking thoroughly incompetent. In any other business where your 2-3 year future is literally on the line, you take action to solve the issues as soon as you can. Letting this ridiculous situation perpetuate is close to suicidal.

After hearing the team announced pre-match on Radio Sussex, and Adam Virgo rightly ripping it to pieces, I walked to the stadium pretty much anticipating what happened (without the Millwall morons and their behaviour). To play the same midfield again that was torn apart by Derby seemd to suggest that Hyypia was deliberately trying to get sacked. You cannot continue with such a liability running team affairs - with a liability running recruitment - and a CEO who fleeces the fans and seems totally incapable of creating stability amongst the people working at the club.

I only hope that Bloom who has done so much right, finally understands the damage that is being wrought, and the genuine long term effects. I'm still so bemused by the idea that we have a stunning stadium, and a dream training centre, but we cut the corners with crap players and poor management on and off the pitch. Where does this end ? And with Barber's type of CV don't expect that he'll be hanging around to take any direct responsibility for all the carnage when we're in League One.
Brilliant post.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I really hope this tweet of Naylors is bull. However, Chandlers (The only bookmaker running a book on next championship manager to leave his post) are offering a very generous even money (from 4/5 this morning) on Sami to be next out. Given all the factors, he should be about 1/20 imo!! The bookmakers are usually one step ahead and rarely get it wrong when laying odds. :(

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I heard the team and stuck a tenner on Millwall. There is somethong very odd about a manager flunking SO badly. I'm beginning to wonder if he WANTS to be sacked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here