Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Being able to use both feet is a sign of a good player.

Sorry, I'm not having that.

EVERY professional footballer should be able to use both feet. Yes, I know there's some that can't, but that doesn't change the fact that they should.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yet there will still be some on here who think he is crap because he doesn't score 20 goals a season and that we only think he's decent because "he runs around alot".

I had a dog that ran around a lot - wasn't much good at football, whereas Baldock is! There's more to being a good footballer than running around a lot as Sam has ably demonstrated recently.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Today he was great other games he is not so great. If people cannot accept that then the SB defenders are as wrong as those who knock him. Today he changed the game with his goal, other times his work comes to nothing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Where's [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] - would like to hear his views on yet another Baldock masterclass today...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Sorry, I'm not having that.

EVERY professional footballer should be able to use both feet. Yes, I know there's some that can't, but that doesn't change the fact that they should.

You would be surprised how many are one footed. Fletcher from Sunderland didn't have a left foot. I don't remember Ulloa or CMS being two footed either.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You would be surprised how many are one footed. Fletcher from Sunderland didn't have a left foot. I don't remember Ulloa or CMS being two footed either.

No, I'm not that surprised to be honest. I remember well Michael Owen in an England shirt shuffling around a ball in the box to try to get it on his right foot when even a park right footed player could have slotted it home with his left foot.

I also hear Aspinall often say on the radio... " Keep so and so on his right foot, because that one's only for standing on" :lol:

I'm totally left footed, absolutely useless on my right, but I'm not a professional player. There's loads of us like that.

But I'm sorry, a professional player being good with both feet does not automatically make him/her a good player. At that level of the game it really should come as standard, not only on the Ghia model.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, I'm not that surprised to be honest. I remember well Michael Owen in an England shirt shuffling around a ball in the box to try to get it on his right foot when even a park right footed player could have slotted it home with his left foot.

I also hear Aspinall often say on the radio... " Keep so and so on his right foot, because that one's only for standing on" :lol:

I'm totally left footed, absolutely useless on my right, but I'm not a professional player. There's loads of us like that.

But I'm sorry, a professional player being good with both feet does not automatically make him/her a good player. At that level of the game it really should come as standard, not only on the Ghia model.

But they are going to be twice as good as they would be with one foot. Maybe I should have said that a one footed striker isn't a good sign. :shrug:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Brilliant performance today. Really under rated by some on here but he offers so much and he and Murray have become a great partnership. Also adding goals to the other work he puts in, including a couple of fantastic strikes against Fulham and QPR.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but that goal was a ****ing peach.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Sam underlined his performance today when he charged down the goalie and nearly created a goal with that. It had me thinking about how we have surely dodged a bullet with Prichard. Sam b must have been close to leaving us, what game was it when he was getting jeered and didn't really celebrate properly when he scored? But now he epitomises the team togetherness more than anyone. By all accounts Prichard is not like that.

So IF we had signed Prichard then Sam b would hardly have played and how different might this season have been so far? Speculation obviously but it is unlikely to have been better! Phew.

I may well be the first person to do this, because this chat has a Brexit point scoring no one will change their view, but I got him wrong. Long may it continue.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There's more to being a good footballer than running around a lot as Sam has ably demonstrated recently.

He wasn't credited an assist for Sidwell's goal of the season but he caused absolute ****ing chaos charging down Bristol City defenders allowing the ball to break to Steve. Off topic - Like Norwich, Bristol City were good when we played them but they've plummeted down the table ever since.

So much of Sam's work goes unnoticed but Murray and others get a lot more space as a result. His shooting is a revelation this season. He is vital and we have no replacement for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here