Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
That's the best I've seen him play. Movement, desire, link up play, hold up play, pace in behind, a superb goal. Yes, it wasn't perfect, but for a Championship level striker it was top drawer today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
From who?

Everybody on this thread who said people didn't "get it" about Baldock, now conveniently forgetting his abysmal contribution last season. Same as the "17 Goals In His First Season In English Football" Hemed brigade. Though they seem to have gone strangely quiet recently. :lol:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Everybody on this thread who said people didn't "get it" about Baldock, now conveniently forgetting his abysmal contribution last season. Same as the "17 Goals In His First Season In English Football" Hemed brigade. Though they seem to have gone strangely quiet recently. :lol:

Hemed has to play games to have a chance of scoring

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Yep. He was my MOM. With Norwood a close second.

I had this the other way around. Both players were excellent today.

To the SB knockers...
There isn't a requirement to have to have a scapegoat in a team, honestly. We would miss Sam a lot if he were to get injured again anytime soon. I reckon his position is safe for this season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Definitely should have been man of match. The perfect foil for Glenn.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

See Baldock wasn't abysmal last season, far from it, and you'll get RSI searching for a quote from me that said he was. He's a player who thrives on confidence and needs to play off a target man. We're all seeing the benefit of both coming to fruition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Amazing the transformation now he's realised he's playing for his starting place with the transfer window looming. Cracking goal today, has to be said.

:goal:

Maybe it's more that he's found the perfect strike partner in Glenn Murray- somebody who'll win the knockdowns he thrives off, and who can finish off the good work that Baldock himself does...

Always thought Baldock was technically a very good footballer, but was in and out of the side (mostly with good reason). He's a first choice pick now, and his confidence can only increase with that knowledge.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Abysmal is way too strong. He wasn't great last season - but he certainly wasn't abysmal, and good luck finding me saying that.

I would've still started this thread even if he hadn't scored today. He was SUPERB all round, irregardless of the goal.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Notice how Hemed started scoring for fun when Baldock came back from injury last season. It's his work off the ball which really impresses me.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He bullied the Leeds star defender so much Monk took him off I think Sam would do well in the PL defenders hate pacy forwards.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Never was a fan........but defending myself, SB is playing his best football for us at the moment .We would miss him badly ,and is the only gap in our squad .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's how I saw it too, with Stephens not far behind in third.

Lots of very decent second half performances in particular. I thought Bong had a top game. That tackle on the edge of the box when the QPR striker (ha, well he was nominally a striker, anyway) got goal side of D & D was superb.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Lots of very decent second half performances in particular. I thought Bong had a top game. That tackle on the edge of the box when the QPR striker (ha, well he was nominally a striker, anyway) got goal side of D & D was superb.

Actually inside the box from where I was (level with the 18-yard line), a cert red card and penalty if he'd got it wrong.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Actually inside the box from where I was (level with the 18-yard line), a cert red card and penalty if he'd got it wrong.

Quite. I was genuinely quite relieved to note it was him in that position and not Dunk or Duffy, as neither of them would have had the pace to get to the ball before the QPR player. Bong saved the day there. Also liked his sliding tackle late in the same half to stop the ball going for a corner, with his chest (somehow) :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here