Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
In my option the incident on the keepers as not a sending off but was a booking, however the first foul was not even a booking

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In my option the incident on the keepers as not a sending off but was a booking, however the first foul was not even a booking

There was no incident on the keeper. The keeper kicked Baldock as he was running in. The first booking was soft.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No it's like talking to football fans who can see what a player on a booking going for a speculative challenge in front of a large home crowd is risking. By all means charge down the keeper but on a booking in a game where the referee is spoiling to get a card out no.

The situation in the villa game happens in what 1/500 attempts by the striker. More often than not the referee will side with the keeper

You have to be more intelligent than that as a player at this level. You clearly disagree that is fine and not faulting baldocks commitment but I would rather he was letting the keeper clear that and staying on the pitch than lunging for at best a speculative chance of winning the ball

Agree.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Really a player not engaging his brain. It doesn't matter that it was more their keeper kicking him and that he made a meal of it with an obvious delayed reaction. If you are on a yellow in front of a partisan crowd with a ref getting twitchy with his cards you simply do not give them a chance to make that decision. Did Baldock realistically think he could charge that down?

And while I'm on his case for me Baldock is lots of honest endeavour and works hard but at this level he simply won't ever score enough goals.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
No matter what anyone says about it's not a yellow or the keeper kicked him for me it was completely brainless

Was already booked and had no chance of actually blocking the kick, really should have engaged his brain and not given the referee a decision to make.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Baldock was absolutely woeful today. Woeful. Forget about the sending off for a moment. I actually think we held the ball up better as a team without him. He can't hold the ball up, he can't take people on, he doesn't win headers, his passes are always a few feet away from of being their intended target and we all know about his goal ratio. He wouldn't get anywhere near the promotion chasing teams so why us? Not good enough at all for where we aspire to be.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Baldock was absolutely woeful today. Woeful. Forget about the sending off for a moment. I actually think we held the ball up better as a team without him. He can't hold the ball up, he can't take people on, he doesn't win headers, his passes are always a few feet away from of being their intended target and we all know about his goal ratio. He wouldn't get anywhere near the promotion chasing teams so why us? Not good enough at all for where we aspire to be.

Very harsh, but I do agree the sympathies we have for a mad sending off have detracted opinion from what was a very poor performance from him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's got nothing to do with i intelligence whether he was on a yellow or not. He closed there keeper down like you see every game. That's all there is to it.

You are wrong sorry

Given Baldock got sent off I'd suggest "you are wrong"

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
No matter what anyone says about it's not a yellow or the keeper kicked him for me it was completely brainless

Was already booked and had no chance of actually blocking the kick, really should have engaged his brain and not given the referee a decision to make.
Rubbish. Just a terrible home-town decision assisted by some scandalous over-acting from their keeper. If Baldock hadn't chased that down we'd have been merrily slagging him off for lack of effort.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Definitely a foul.
Not a yellow.
Ultimately Baldock at fault as he was already on a yellow and should have refrained from any hard challenge. Especially with that ref and the home crowd potentially influencing.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Re the second yellow, am I misremembering or was the ball in open play? I thought it was open play, in which case Baldock had every right to try and block the ball. He didn't touch Sels, so Sels was the player who brought down Baldock with his follow through. Yes, similar to Stephens at Boro last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rubbish. Just a terrible home-town decision assisted by some scandalous over-acting from their keeper. If Baldock hadn't chased that down we'd have been merrily slagging him off for lack of effort.

Exactly, some people are letting their dislike of Baldock cloud their opinion on this. If it had been Murray or Hemed they'd have been applauding and be outraged at the decision to send him off. It was not a yellow card foul and the ref got it totally wrong but we don't like Baldock so it's his fault. Ridiculous.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
it wasn't a sending off or a second yellow.

nevertheless, whilst i think Baldock offers a fair bit to the team, we need someone who can score goals. if we do not resolve this in the next few days, it will be our undoing yet again.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Disagree... Was never ever going to block it

The keeper kicked the ball then Baldock hit the keepers leg.... That is a foul by Baldock, I'd agree that a yellow was probably harsh and a 'homer' decision however if it was anywhere else on the pitch and a player passed the ball and then was tackled like that it would be a foul. My problem is why Baldock gave the ref a decision to make at only 1-0 down and we'd started to actually get a foothold in the game.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Holloway and Higginbottom on Sky, Hughton and now the Football League show pundits have all said it, not just spence.

Yes but before commenting they have all be pouring over replays haven't they which show the real story. In realtime in the game the whole crowd, most watching on TV and crucially the ref all thought he had fouled the keeper.

To be clear for the 3rd time I not arguing it was a yellow the replays clearly show that it was not. I am saying a player on a yellow needs to be more careful with what challenges they put themselves into particularly when the referee has shown how much he enjoys getting his cards out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here