Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I completely disagree.

He played several excellent passes today and worked really hard. He kept finding himself going to get the ball as our midfield was non-existent and he keep going out wide.

I don't blame the player, the fault is with the manager and the lack of industry in midfield.

Agree with this, Baldock did as well as he could given the general level of ineptitude around him

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I completely disagree.

He played several excellent passes today and worked really hard. He kept finding himself going to get the ball as our midfield was non-existent and he keep going out wide.

I don't blame the player, the fault is with the manager and the lack of industry in midfield.

Agreed.

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014
typo aside, the point stands

Not really. The defenders have played in defence, the midfielders have played in midfield, the forwards have - well you get the picture....

He's not been playing on the wing, he's not been playing off the main striker either. He's played up front and he's been weak.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Played to his strengths he could get 10-15 a season.

But we had Barnes who could have done the same but decided he was not worth more wages and instead spend best part of £2m on Baldock, £500k on COG and bring in another midget from Spain.

Utter madness.

We keep penny pinching which costs us more in the long run.

Same as Murray - £3m on CMs then £2m on Ulloa plus their wages.

The sales of Ulloa, Buckley etc probably just cover the crazy money spent on dross and the wages of even more dross.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I'd be concerned if he had lots of chances and was missing them.

But I think I could count the number of shots he's had since he's been here on one hand. He just doesn't seem to get the ball played into him.

I was critical of him at first, but now I just feel sorry for him.

This

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I thought he was decent in the first half, best I've seen from him. In the second half he didn't seem to know where he was playing. Completely anonymous. For a man with a reputation as a goal poacher, he should have been in the six yard box when Paddy crossed that ball. Certain goal. Where were the strikers?

Stumpy Tim

He gets no support from the central midfielders, because they're busy sitting back to fill in the gaps for the full-backs. The full-backs get no support as they rampage forward because we have no wingers, so no over-lapping and we don't get behind teams. The central striker gets no proper service because only the full-backs play wide & their delivery isn't as good as a wingers. So we're left with three forwards trying to play down the middle, crowding each other, and hence we have to resort to shots from 30 yards out to make the stats look better.

It's utterly shambolic

Oh - and I thought Baldock did well yesterday.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Problem is, the backs are playing as wingers, the centre halves are playing as backs, the forwards are playing wide and the midfielders are just there to play tidy short passes to each other. Luckily the only loose ball in the box fell to a defender so he could do his job and score. Apart from Dunk's late header the defence didn't really look like doing their proper job of scoring! By the way, I thought Colunga had his best game yet and in the second half tried to rally the troops, made himself available for the ball, was enthusiastic and really got involved.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think he looks a tidy player, but he's having zero chances created for him, pushed out on the wing and also having to drift back into midfield to pick the ball up.

He's a golden boot winner with 27 goals in the division below so he obviously knows where the goal is.

I feel a bit sorry for him really. Seems whats happening though at the moment, we're getting players in that are good but who just do not fit the system the manager is playing.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I think he looks a tidy player, but he's having zero chances created for him, pushed out on the wing and also having to drift back into midfield to pick the ball up.

He's a golden boot winner with 27 goals in the division below so he obviously knows where the goal is.

I feel a bit sorry for him really. Seems whats happening though at the moment, we're getting players in that are good but who just do not fit the system the manager is playing.

To be fair, I'm not sure ANY players fit the system the manager is playing. If there even IS a system.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To be fair, I'm not sure ANY players fit the system the manager is playing. If there even IS a system.

I'm afraid you're right, I cant remember the last time I saw a team where the players are either nearly running into each other or practically holding hands.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I'm afraid you're right, I cant remember the last time I saw a team where the players are either nearly running into each other or practically holding hands.
They just seemed to play without belief. I think Hyypia has lost the dressing room, judging by that performance. But I thought that two Octobers ago under Poyet when we had a poor run, and he pulled it around. Hopefully Sami can do the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here