Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam baldock - Merged

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
Back to Baldock; for me this would be a perfect signing. Based on how we played yesterday against Lewes, Sami got the wingers tucking inside to support Leo. A major problem for us last season was how isolated Leo was. I think Baldock would be a perfect link up player, playing just off Leo and looking to get ahead of him.

Admittedly I haven't seen Baldock play live for a while, but from what I've seen he is just waiting for the right club in the Championship. Maybe that won't be us, but personally I think it's encouraging to be linked with him.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Back to Baldock; for me this would be a perfect signing. Based on how we played yesterday against Lewes, Sami got the wingers tucking inside to support Leo. A major problem for us last season was how isolated Leo was. I think Baldock would be a perfect link up player, playing just off Leo and looking to get ahead of him.

Admittedly I haven't seen Baldock play live for a while, but from what I've seen he is just waiting for the right club in the Championship. Maybe that won't be us, but personally I think it's encouraging to be linked with him.

Yes, it would be great to provide more support to Ulloa. Encouraging if we're going to do that under Sami.

Interesting he played KLL and Buckley in the same half. May mean nothing but I know a lot of people have been calling for that and it worked really well at home to Palace the season before last.

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
Yes, it would be great to provide more support to Ulloa. Encouraging if we're going to do that under Sami.

Interesting he played KLL and Buckley in the same half. May mean nothing but I know a lot of people have been calling for that and it worked really well at home to Palace the season before last.

I thought that too, starting with that front three showed real intent from Sami. Also from the looks of it Fenelon can play that winger/striker support role that was used yesterday very well. I know it was only Lewes, but the thought of Leo, Kaz, Buckley, CMS, March and Fenelon vying for those three attacking positions is very encouraging. Maybe Shamir could do with a bit more time out on loan if we are to sign someone, but he certainly made a very good claim yesterday to that starting spot!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Baldock would be a good signing for us. Better than Hoskins, so to replace Hoskins with Baldock would give us a stronger squad in that dept.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I thought that too, starting with that front three showed real intent from Sami. Also from the looks of it Fenelon can play that winger/striker support role that was used yesterday very well. I know it was only Lewes, but the thought of Leo, Kaz, Buckley, CMS, March and Fenelon vying for those three attacking positions is very encouraging. Maybe Shamir could do with a bit more time out on loan if we are to sign someone, but he certainly made a very good claim yesterday to that starting spot!

Hopefully, after a few loan spells, he's ready to be an option. March broke through last year so maybe it's his turn.

Buckley is key this season. If we could keep him fit somehow, he will play a huge part but he won't do if he can't get a run in the side due to injury.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The ideal view when it comes to buying and selling is to buy them cheap and sell them high. That is the only business model to work by. If that means taking on players from L1 & L2 who have the potential to go on and become Prem players, then that's the way to do it!

That's why I was disappointed we didn't get Odubajo, Ayling and to a lower extent Wilson, All 3 have potential to go on and become Prem players and all were reasonably to cheap to buy. We can't afford to buy ready made Prem players or top end Champ players due to FFP.

We have to work within our budget and that means trying to find to those little gems that will serve us well (ala Bridcutt, Ulloa).

So moan all you want that we're trying to buy what looks like crap, I'd rather we tried going down that route instead of the bankrupt route.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No but we gotta show alittle more ambition IMO.

But the players mentioned previously who play in the PL or similar, or outside the PL but are sought after by PL clubs, simply wouldn't want to join us .... due to far far lower wages and they would playing in a lower division. Hard to face, but the reality of it.

The best strategy is to pick up outstanding players from the bottom 3 divisions (where there is no genuine PL interest), in the way that Norwich and Swansea did in their ascents. Plus players from overseas.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
But the players mentioned previously who play in the PL or similar, or outside the PL but are sought after by PL clubs, simply wouldn't want to join us .... due to far far lower wages and they would playing in a lower division. Hard to face, but the reality of it.

The best strategy is to pick up outstanding players from the bottom 3 divisions (where there is no genuine PL interest), in the way that Norwich and Swansea did in their ascents. Plus players from overseas.

Bang on !! Plus players from our own Academy .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here