Sam baldock - Merged

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Possibly you may not be able to offer the wages we currently can? I am not sure of your financial state, but the fact you get 30k a week, surely you can't be that badly off?

It seems we're losing money despite our huge season ticket sales, record level shirt sales, ground breaking sponsorship and relentless pie eating and pint drinking. We are also totally focused on adhering to FFP so thee is every chance we would quibble over wages.

Jun 26, 2014
I must tell you boys, El Abd started the friendly today vs Portishead, and played very well, and seemed very settled, having a laugh with team mates in the warm up etc etc.

I am prepared to give El Abd another chance, he wasn't a starter for your lot for no reason, and I believe a good pre-season, and he'll be starting away at Sheffield on the first day.

Ayling, El-Abd and Osborne as a back 3 with wing backs of Cunningham and Little look exceptional on paper for this level.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristo...-Luke-Ayling/story-21327181-detail/story.html

Read that. It was everywhere a few days ago.

'Brighton were unable to agree terms with the Londoner'

So he turned us down? Or we pulled out of negotiations because he wanted me than we would offer? I would say the latter. Either way, I'm not too sure our interest when THAT far. I believe he was on the list of players to look at, but I'm 90% sure we were never overly bothered about getting him. Why would we? He's a right back/covering centre back, we've got 2 right backs and he's not good enough at centre back for a team like us. I will say, I think he'll excellent for yourselves as a 'third' centre back

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It seems we're losing money despite our huge season ticket sales, record level shirt sales, ground breaking sponsorship and relentless pie eating and pint drinking. We are also totally focused on adhering to FFP so thee is every chance we would quibble over wages.

We have had it we are doomed i tell you,doomed..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Jun 26, 2014
So he turned us down? Or we pulled out of negotiations because he wanted me than we would offer? I would say the latter. Either way, I'm not too sure our interest when THAT far. I believe he was on the list of players to look at, but I'm 90% sure we were never overly bothered about getting him. Why would we? He's a right back/covering centre back, we've got 2 right backs and he's not good enough at centre back for a team like us. I will say, I think he'll excellent for yourselves as a 'third' centre back

As well as being versatile is Mark Little gets injured at RB, where El Abd or Flint could slot into the back 3.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bristol City probably want more for Baldock than a packet of pock scratchings. :D

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
From looking at the Bristol City forums, it doesn't seem likely they'll let him go. I doubt he'd want to be back up to Ulloa anyway and I can't believe Leo will want to back him up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports