Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Allardyce New England Manager

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harsh on big Sam. He embraced modern coaching methods years before many other managers. He was actually quite ahead of his time

Erm . . . . it was just an excuse to post that clip again. I'm very happy with the appointment. Frankly, I can't think of anyone who comes remotely close.

I have long been an advocate of selecting a few right little *******s for the England team - uber reliable lionhearts, who can lead and fight. I would love to have seen the following in the England side over the last 10 years:

Kevin Nolan
Kevin Davies
Andy Carroll (when not injured)
Joey Barton (when not in the nick)
Mark Noble
Ryan Shawcross
John Terry (FA should have crawled on broken glass to keep him in the squad)
Jermain Defoe

and niche players who were unfairly underrated:

Bobby Zamora (when fit)
Peter Crouch

Perhaps its just me who's like Mike Bassett :lolol:

Good. A misunderstood manager, wrongly dismissed as a long-ball merchant because that was the way he had to play to make Bolton successful on a limited budget. But once they were established he signed flair players like Jay-Jay Okocha and got them into Europe. And there is zero chance that we will go into a game without a plan A, B and C.

Agreed 100%.

Can't wait to see what he does with the squad

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
I f*cking love it. Can't wait. Lights years ahead of Hodgson, who should never of got the job in the first place.

Klinsmann has never done anything spectacular and that is why he is managing the US of A.

BRING IT ON

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This parody account on Twitter is one of my favourites:

https://twitter.com/TheBig_Sam

THAT is sublime. Almost at random I select this piece of post-defeat coaching expertise, which is bound to come in handy:

"Well, every one of these useless *******s can now watch me **** in the hot tub. Whilst maintaining eye contact. They must learn from this."

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
What depresses me the most about all this is I can't think of an English manager who I'd feel confident could do any better than Big Sam..
Yes.

They've tried English managers, foreign managers, managers with good club records and those who were meant to be good on the training ground.

They're running out of options!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
It's tempting to think that the manager may not be the problem...
Very tempting!

The last time I enjoyed watching England was in 1996. Terry Venables in charge, Gascoigne behind a lot of the creative moves, and the Premier League in its infancy (silly wages not the norm yet).

I have my doubts that we will ever get back to that level of performance.

Stumpy Tim

Very tempting!

The last time I enjoyed watching England was in 1996. Terry Venables in charge, Gascoigne behind a lot of the creative moves, and the Premier League in its infancy (silly wages not the norm yet).

I have my doubts that we will ever get back to that level of performance.

I liked Hoddle's team of '98. They were well organised and talented

Brother Sid

Jan 4, 2006
Horsham
I do hope that he dispenses with the rumoured tactic at West Ham that no players were allowed an attempt on goal outside the penalty area. Most West Ham fans will tell you about the miserable attacking play on offer the second half of last season.
Not impressed at all, as others have said a typical FA appointment.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Be better off with Bob and Spit.

spit_1-225x300.jpg

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Good luck to Sam ,the man outwitted once by the tactical genius Dean Holdsworth despite having a Two division advantage and 10 Internationals on the park.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Was hoping for Klinsmann so I'm depressed as fvck!! Typical FA appointment.

That will be the same Jurgen Klinsmann that is universally disliked by supporters of the USA's team.

Not that I am particularly enamoured about Allardyce getting the job, but the love-in for Klinsmann is odd given that he has achieved very little of note in his managerial career. He seems to take the credit for Germany's improvement under his tenure, but I think it's pretty obvious that Joachim Low was behind a lot of their resurgence and he has subsequently carried that on in the last decade that he has served as their national coach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here