Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints Sinking

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I imagine their thought process is that if he was there for the whole pre-season, they would have hit the ground running, whereas after he joined them they won only one of Adkins first four games (taking 5 points from 12) as he got to know the team and got them playing the way he wanted. If he'd had a pre-season there's the 15 points they missed out on under pardew, plus the 7 points dropped during adkins' settling in period.
I'm sure that is their 'logic' in trotting out this pointless argument, but it is nothing more than pure speculation. And to re-iterate, they only missed out on 11 points under Pardew, not 15. And of course, Pardew is such a rubbish manager isn't he? Poor Southampton having to be lumbered with him - can't imagine him ever doing really well at one of the top Premiership teams, for instance, could you? :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't think you'll get great odds for West Ham and Birmingham.

This. West Ham champions, Blues runners-up. SCC will be in the play-offs, with any 3 of about 6 (including us).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
...which has got me thinking - Brighton v Southampton in the play-off final, anyone? Tasty!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It'll be West Ham and Brum.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Weird thing with Birmingham, losing their backing from their chairman due to his assets being frozen (ouch), looked to be possible relegation fodder pre-season having to offload players and reduce the outgoings, yet there they are pushing for promotion.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Weird thing with Birmingham, losing their backing from their chairman due to his assets being frozen (ouch), looked to be possible relegation fodder pre-season having to offload players and reduce the outgoings, yet there they are pushing for promotion.

Even more interesting when you compare them against a club like Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here