Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Saint George's Day

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
faoileán;10242449Currently the red cross and the Union flag are claimed by The Sun and its idiot readership said:
What on earth are you on about you silly sausage?

Are you one of those snowflakes who complain that these days you'll be beaten up for wearing a poppy?*

Yours

A leftie Englishman who relishes all the wonders that good fortune has bestowed upon me by accident of birth and joyously celebrates all the wonderful things that England has provided for generations and hopefully will continue to provide.

Steak and Kidney pudding and a pint of two of Harvey's for me tonight.... Marvellous.

*unless your post was a satire of the smooth of brain .... In which case it was too subtle for me.
Well some people think the flag of England and St George are a racist symbol and shouldn't see the light of day. We should celebrate the day just like our other home nations and the Irish without all the add-ons associated with the English flag and St George.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Out of curiosity where in this thread have I told anyone how and why, another Bizzare post similar to the OP :shrug:

Regards
DF

Once again I am pleased you recognise that you are clownish, and your witless surveillance of the local area for flags tells us all we need to know about your attitude to the day.... well done!

Please respond, I am enjoying this!

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Well some people think the flag of England and St George are a racist symbol and shouldn't see the light of day. We should celebrate the day just like our other home nations and the Irish without all the add-ons associated with the English flag and St George.

They're a silly sausage too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

We do. I even provided a list of events you could have attended. Instead you chose to cry like a little baby.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
such a shame I have only seen 2 St George flags and I have been out and about most of the day. Its a real shame we do not celebrate this far more.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sad state of affairs. Unlike the Scots, Welsh and Irish we can't celebrate our national saints days without being branded as racist and zenophobic by the 'tolerant' arbiters of what is acceptable to them.

(....and yes, I do realise that some racists and zenophobes will celebrate St. George's day, just the same as some racists and xenophobes support the Albion or ride bicycles and do other ordinary things that ordinary people do; it doesn't make the other people doing these things racist or xenophobic too)

Nonsense. Poppycock. I'm a lefty and I put the red and white flag out whenever England are playing a football tournament. All this 'can't celebrate' bollocks is just that, bollocks propagated by the same type of goon who said that if we allowed homosexuality to be legal it would soon be made compulsory.

I know you're an old git but I expected better of you than that :shrug:

And times have changed. In the late 70s the red and white flag was the exclusive property of the military and racist skin heads (which will be why pretty pink fairy has posted on this thread).

And not much before that we never saw the red and white flag. See what flags were waved at the English world cup final, when pretty pink fairy was still soiling his nappies:

0_England-Fans.jpg

Times change :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We do. I even provided a list of events you could have attended. Instead you chose to cry like a little baby.

It's all the woke left wing homosexuals, stopping him from enjoying his freedoms. They have taken over society, don't you know? ???

Still, when Johnson becomes prime minister, he.....

Oh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Once again I am pleased you recognise that you are clownish, and your witless surveillance of the local area for flags tells us all we need to know about your attitude to the day.... well done!

Please respond, I am enjoying this!

He won't like this:

st-georges-day-trafalgar-square.jpg

:lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good to see some on here sticking rigidly to the calendar

63081C2F-9B34-4FA2-BD57-44890B0392F1.jpeg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
such a shame I have only seen 2 St George flags and I have been out and about most of the day. Its a real shame we do not celebrate this far more.

Jesus Christ, every year the same.

We've never "celebrated" it, even at primary school in the 70s no-one bothered. You *might* be asked to draw a dragon.

We are prominently a Protestant country where:

1) The Church of England has been historically embarrassed by the selection of St. George, a fairy tale non-English figure who killed a dragon. Yeah right. He's a shit Saint for very good reason, we don't "do saints". They offered English alternatives but they didn't stick.

2) We've differentiated ourselves from Catholic countries like Spain who not only have a Saint for every day of the week, have a Saint for the lines in the road, jam and toilet roll.

What happened a number of years ago is St Patricks days became a predominantly commercial event in the UK, a bit like that other "immigrant" Halloween.

People like yourself got really annoyed they couldn't get shit-faced during the week alongside Australians with a big foam hat on advertising famous English lager brands like Stella and Carlsberg.

You've further convinced yourself that we can't celebrate St George because of political correctness, "wokeness", membership of the EU (probably) and the fear of being accused of being racist.

That is completely oblivious to the fact that even under the golden years of Empire or the 1980s under Thatcher no-one bothered either.

Go out and celebrate St Georges Day, dress up as a crusader (which George wasn't) and rope a couple of your mates in to follow you in a rubber dragon custom if you like.

But please be aware, the vast majority of sensible people in England will consider you as they always have. A Morris Dancer on his day off or an extra on It's a Knockout.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jesus Christ, every year the same.

We've never "celebrated" it, even at primary school in the 70s no-one bothered. You *might* be asked to draw a dragon.

We are prominently a Protestant country where:

1) The Church of England has been historically embarrassed by the selection of St. George, a fairy tale non-English figure who killed a dragon. Yeah right. He's a shit Saint for very good reason, we don't "do saints".

2) We've differentiated ourselves from Catholic countries like Spain who not only have a Saint for every day of the week, have a Saint for the lines in the road, jam and toilet roll.

What happened a number of years ago is St Patricks days became a predominantly commercial event in the UK, a bit like that other "immigrant" Halloween.

People like yourself got really annoyed they couldn't get shit-faced during the week alongside Australians with a big foam hat on advertising famous English lager brands like Stella and Carlsberg.

You've further convinced yourself that we can't celebrate St George because of political correctness, "wokeness", membership of the EU (probably) and the fear of being accused of being racist.

That is completely oblivious to the fact that even under the golden years of Empire or the 1980s under Thatcher no-one bothered either.

Go out and celebrate St Georges Day, dress up as a crusader (which George wasn't) and rope a couple of your mates in to follow you in a rubber dragon custom if you like.

But please be aware, the vast majority of sensible people in England will consider you as they always have. A Morris Dancer on his day off or an extra on It's a Knockout.

Stunningly good post.

Let me add that all morris dancers I’ve met have a serious, hiccup, drink problem and like to boast how many pints they can sink in a session when they are, hiccup, post 50 years of age (decades after when boasting about alcohol consumption went out of fashion) hiccup, ****ing sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here