Yes or No to a Safe Standing area?

• Yes, I would like to see the North stand made a Safe Standing zone

Votes: 459 83.3%
  • No, I don't want Safe Standing at the AMEX

Votes: 92 16.7%

• Total voters

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Yea, it does seem odd. I'd to know exactly what would not pass health and safety regulations if we were to increase the NS capacity..

The prick is against safe standing , he is not interested in what we want ,he seems to think that the bread and butter supporters of the Albion are stupid and will believe anything he says.The north stand concourse it`s facilities and exits can be modified to accomodate the increased capacity that safe standing will bring,if Tony is still an albion fan and not just in it for the profit he will tell him to wind his fcuking neck in

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be honest I don't buy Barber's response about the North Stand concourse being too small to cope with expansion in terms of space and facilities. Most away grounds we go to have far smaller concourses with minimal kiosks and toilet facilities.

And it also contradicts Martin's Perry assertion that our concourses are currently bigger than the minimum legal requirement.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
As long it's in one stand only, or area. I don't give a frack.. But I don't want to go back to the days of having some 6 ft twats standing infront of us, And we can't see jack fraking shit..

It's about as fraking annoying as when someone taller sits right infront of you in the cinema.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Perhaps it is time to start attempting to get the club to back safe standing again. From the poll it is clear the majority of fans want it and it would end any hostility between fans and stewards in the north over standing.

Paul Barber talks about how we are customers so perhaps he should listen to what we want. Also, not backing safe standing is not thinking of the future in my opinion. If we get to the premier league, we will eventually go back down again. When this happens the number of fans going to games will drop and safe standing will help get fans going to games.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Perhaps it is time to start attempting to get the club to back safe standing again. From the poll it is clear the majority of fans want it and it would end any hostility between fans and stewards in the north over standing.

Paul Barber talks about how we are customers so perhaps he should listen to what we want. Also, not backing safe standing is not thinking of the future in my opinion. If we get to the premier league, we will eventually go back down again. When this happens the number of fans going to games will drop and safe standing will help get fans going to games.

Got a feeling the more people kick off about being told to sit, the less the club are likely to consider bringing safe standing back in

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

He cannot back something that the club are not currently allowed to do. Until such time as the law/regulations change and safe standing becomes an option in football stadia, whether the club back it or not now is irrelevant.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

I thought PB made it quite clear and why this has been put to bed for the forseeable future. The club has just spent sh*tloads of [TB's] money on 30k+ new, soft, comfy, blue seats (and a few white ones). The club is not in a financial position to take those seats out and install safe standing [for a trial] only to pay to swap back at a later date, or indeed, even on a perm basis.

Were we operating at a profit right now I, personally, am sure that the story would be different because I do believe that PB is actually an ok sort of bloke with the club's interest [and game's] at heart, but you can't rip up an entire stand just 2 years after building it, it's financial idiocy.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Lest We Forget

All-seater stadia came about as a result of the Taylor Report, where much credence was given to the evidence given by OB.

As we now know, there was a widespread conspiracy amongst OB to blame the fans for the tragedy and the police lied, and lied, and took their cushy pensions...and continued to lie.

It wasn't standing that caused the deaths of the 96 it was the sheer incompetence of OB.

Those that advocate all-seater stadia on "safety grounds" maybe need to think again!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If the North Stand and NW & NE corner were safe standing, it would just be so EFFING cool! It would look fantastic, the noise would be fantastic, it would always be full.
Can some really clever person do a photo shop of what it would look like? I mean not old style terraces but safe standing with the barriers and fold down seats ala Germany. It would solve so many problems.

Mouthwatering!!!
400px-Safe_standing_area_fitted_with_rail_seats.jpg

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
He cannot back something that the club are not currently allowed to do. Until such time as the law/regulations change and safe standing becomes an option in football stadia, whether the club back it or not now is irrelevant.

Why not? The chief execs at Aston Villa, and countless championship clubs are publicly backing the introduction of Safe Standing areas. Check out the Safe Standing campaign site, you might be surprised.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
All-seater stadia came about as a result of the Taylor Report, where much credence was given to the evidence given by OB.

As we now know, there was a widespread conspiracy amongst OB to blame the fans for the tragedy and the police lied, and lied, and took their cushy pensions...and continued to lie.

It wasn't standing that caused the deaths of the 96 it was the sheer incompetence of OB.

Those that advocate all-seater stadia on "safety grounds" maybe need to think again!

Out of interest, in your opinion, had the Leppings Lane been all seater and everyone with a ticket had an allocated seat, irrespective of the decisions made by the Police leading up to the tragedy, do you think 96 people would have died?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
When this happens the number of fans going to games will drop and safe standing will help get fans going to games.

Not sure this is true, whilst the want to stand lobby is very vocal, there are more people who would rather sit than stand.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How short sighted some people are. PB gave a fair minded account of why the club are not going to consider safe standing for the foreseable future. It seems that 3 months later we are past the 'foreseable future' and therefore the club should reconsider the position again!!!! Makes you wonder about the attention span of those who keep bleating on about.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
How short sighted some people are. PB gave a fair minded account of why the club are not going to consider safe standing for the foreseable future. It seems that 3 months later we are past the 'foreseable future' and therefore the club should reconsider the position again!!!! Makes you wonder about the attention span of those who keep bleating on about.

I'm very keen for safe standing but very much this. We can sit this one out and if it is allowed in future or maybe a call for a national peaceful protest then we can look at it again.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
IF safe standing is introduced then surely the rules on standing would be relaxed as well? So even though the North Stand would still be seated they could give the whole North Stand similar rules to what the back 4 rows have currently?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
IF safe standing is introduced then surely the rules on standing would be relaxed as well? So even though the North Stand would still be seated they could give the whole North Stand similar rules to what the back 4 rows have currently?

Horse and cart mate. The rules would have to be changed before safe standing is introduce (although it might be trialled elsewhere in the run up to a change).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here