Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sadly we're going to need a Stockdale update thread.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stockdale is such a lovable rogue character. It's good to have people like him around the dressing room/training ground.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Noticed in the programme it had his weight listed as 99kg that's 15 and a half stone! He does look bigger this season, probably due to injury and inactivity. But at 6 foot 4 that seems far too heavy for a footballer.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Noticed in the programme it had his weight listed as 99kg that's 15 and a half stone! He does look bigger this season, probably due to injury and inactivity. But at 6 foot 4 that seems far too heavy for a footballer.

Hmmm. Adebayo Akinfenwa is listed as 5'11", 102kg, or 16 stone. I guess Stockdale is 5" taller, but I can't believe he's that close in weight to the self-appointed Beast. If you Google Stockdale, various other sources have him between 83 & 84 kg, which seems more realistic.

He's never the skinny sort, but equally, I think that stat absolutely has to be a typo.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hmmm. Adebayo Akinfenwa is listed as 5'11", 102kg, or 16 stone. I guess Stockdale is 5" taller, but I can't believe he's that close in weight to the self-appointed Beast. If you Google Stockdale, various other sources have him between 83 & 84 kg, which seems more realistic.

He's never the skinny sort, but equally, I think that stat absolutely has to be a typo.

It appears that you have done significant amounts of research in this area, Edna ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It appears that you have done significant amounts of research in this area, Edna ???

Well, I typed "David Stockdale weight" into Google, and the same with Akinfenwa...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Father-of-three Stockdale, pictured with a cuddly toy, told supporters on his Instagram account: "Feeling upbeat this morning after good news from X Ray..... Billy has given me turtle power to to get back.

"Thanks for all the messages and I'll be back quick as possible. Lads and fans fantastic last night. Good clean sheet for Dunky too."

Chips

Nov 1, 2015
Father-of-three Stockdale, pictured with a cuddly toy, told supporters on his Instagram account: "Feeling upbeat this morning after good news from X Ray..... Billy has given me turtle power to to get back.

"Thanks for all the messages and I'll be back quick as possible. Lads and fans fantastic last night. Good clean sheet for Dunky too."

Thanks for sharing that. Nice to hear he's in good spirits and here's hoping he's back in action soon.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I think you're right, I'd estimate him to be around 13 and a half rather than 15. Possibly someone at the club on the wind up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As DS said clean sheet for Dunk did he touch the ball after drop kicking it into their half. The obvious instruction from their bench should have been if within 40 yds have a poke. You never know against a non keeper. But they
didnt try and carried on trying to walk it in.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
As DS said clean sheet for Dunk did he touch the ball after drop kicking it into their half. The obvious instruction from their bench should have been if within 40 yds have a poke. You never know against a non keeper. But they

Good spot. I thought the same.
A couple of times they could have crossed it in and chose to try to dribble past Rosenior. Very amusing.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Your right, only minutes to go I know, but I too thought they would have at least had a pot shot from distance, as you say you never know how a 'non'goalkeeper' is going to react, but they seemed to have largely given up by then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The good point is Maenapaa is a creditable and capable deputy and in the event that the club dont rate Ankergren to be on the bench the transfer window is still open.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The good point is Maenapaa is a creditable and capable deputy and in the event that the club dont rate Ankergren to be on the bench the transfer window is still open.

Oh ****. We're going to get weeks of 'Shilton is out of contract, club have messed up not signing him' stuff............

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ah..all noted...just as a side thought...if you had a hairy back that would be fun getting someone to pull it off :moo:

I'm a bit of a neanderthal in relation to body hair. The bad news is this tape sticks like an absolute *******. No option other than to grit your teeth and rip it off. Stings like ****. Suggest not trying sticking any on any sensitive areas.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm a bit of a neanderthal in relation to body hair. The bad news is this tape sticks like an absolute *******. No option other than to grit your teeth and rip it off. Stings like ****. Suggest not trying sticking any on any sensitive areas.

I'll b making sure the rea in question is hair free ...and it definitely won't be a sensitive area...and my orders been placed!

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
The good point is Maenapaa is a creditable and capable deputy

I'd like to see what he has to offer because I think Stockdale will be a liability this season like last season. Stockdale can only save shots that are straight at him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here