Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saddam Hussein - Clearly mad as a hater

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just shows how f***ed up this man is. He turned the " trial " on its head by stating I am th president of Iraq and accused the judge of being unpatriotic and not a true Iraq. Apparently he gassed the 5000 Kurds for the Iraqi people, nice of him.

He seems to assume he will be let off and be able to start running Iraq again and killing all of those who " betrayed " him.

Cut the cost, cut the crap, string him up from the highest Gallows now.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
yes he has been a bad dictator! but there are other even worse dictators out there! why make an example of him, OIL. Iraq have 70% of the last remaining oil reserves, what a suprise!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Someone was saying that the lawyer appointed to him was British. Talk about getting the short straw, the Government call you up to say you have to defend this guy in a top case, he has done a few things along the line, but they need to make it legit, so he needs a defence. Only then do you find out that the bloke that you are defending is Saddam Hussein.

Imagine if the lawyer actually got him off.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I wonder what the odds are one him "Escaping" sometime soon and going back into hiding, might be worth a tenner!

New York Geezer

Feb 4, 2004
Bermondsey
This thread is highly likeky to demonstrate exactly why there is a problem with the relationship between the Middle East and the West.

We preach that only in the 'West' can there be democracy and fair trial etc, yet here we are with an intent to show those special values by 'stringing him up'. And stoking those very fires we claim to be putting out.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Mad as a hater?

Freudian slip, Mr Gates...

The Americans are cacking themselves at the possibility that, before he gets "strung up from the highest gallows", their former protege might remind the world exactly who supplied him with a lot of those nasty chemical weapons, and who turned a blind eye while those poor Kurds were being gassed. And who supported Saddam in his heroic eight year fight against the then more wicked Iranians. Clue: the same bunch that supported and bankrolled Osama bin Laden against the Russians in Afghanistan.

Has Gareth possibly seen the picture of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam in 1983?

People like string-em-up Gareth need to understand that the world is a bit more complex than they like to imagine. That's why we have trials, in preference to lynchings.

When you look at the facts coldly, it's not always clear who is mad...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Quantum said:
so what if it's "OIL" . . . . Lets f***kin ave it !!
intellectual, yea! we won't see any of it, be those greedy pig yanks!:glare:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
boring, :nono:

So Dam Insane is an evil bastard who should be publicly humilated before geing laid open to japenese water torture. Then once he's been done, do the same to Bush, and give Blair a slap on the wrists.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
String him up and string him high. If you want to suck up to Hussein go ahead, no lets give him an excuse to start his posturing and propoganda and jerk us around just like he did with the weapons inspections really.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
String him up and string him high. If you want to suck up to Hussein go ahead, no lets give him an excuse to start his posturing and propoganda and jerk us around just like he did with the weapons inspections really.

I actually think it is a bit of a no win for the new regime. If they imprison him, it gives the terriosts some form of figure head to fight for. If they execute him, it will make him a martyr for his supporters.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh dear. The Daily Mail got delivered early to the Glover household today. Gulliver has it right, Saddam was an important ally of the West and we really didn't care too much what he did to his own people as along as he kept out the Communists and gave the Iranians something more immediate to think about. All he has to do is stand up and say "Yeah I was a bastard but I was their bastard," Galtieri, Amin and Pinochet fall into the same category.

New York Geezer

Feb 4, 2004
Bermondsey
So the real problem with the weapons inspections was Saddam 'posturing and jerking us around'.

And there I was thinking that in all probability there weren't any weapons of mass destruction to be found.

Oval Gull

Feb 5, 2004
Re: Mad as a hater?

Gilliver's Travels said:
Freudian slip, Mr Gates...

The Americans are cacking themselves at the possibility that, before he gets "strung up from the highest gallows", their former protege might remind the world exactly who supplied him with a lot of those nasty chemical weapons, and who turned a blind eye while those poor Kurds were being gassed. And who supported Saddam in his heroic eight year fight against the then more wicked Iranians. Clue: the same bunch that supported and bankrolled Osama bin Laden against the Russians in Afghanistan.

Has Gareth possibly seen the picture of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam in 1983?

People like string-em-up Gareth need to understand that the world is a bit more complex than they like to imagine. That's why we have trials, in preference to lynchings.

When you look at the facts coldly, it's not always clear who is mad...

Nice one Gulliver's! Superb quote and a blast of sanity...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
brighton_b0y said:
yes he has been a bad dictator! but there are other even worse dictators out there! why make an example of him, OIL. Iraq have 70% of the last remaining oil reserves, what a suprise!

Utter tosh! Saudi Arabia are BY FAR the biggest oil producers in the world! Almost double the next biggest producer!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
New York Geezer said:
So the real problem with the weapons inspections was Saddam 'posturing and jerking us around'.

And there I was thinking that in all probability there weren't any weapons of mass destruction to be found.

Me too. But now I realise I must have lost the plot. Or perhaps, like those damned elusive weapons of mass destruction, I've merely "mislaid" it temporarily?

:eek:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Someone was saying that the lawyer appointed to him was British.

Sounds like the British-Italian dictator-loving lawyer who bought Dundee FC, represented Milosevic and various underworld figures and didn't have a bad word to say about Hitler.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here