Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sad morons and fireworks

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There are some miserable ***kers around. Why not just make 365 days exactly the same, do nothing but work, celebrate nothing and have no fun apart from enjoying the countdown to death!

I had a firework party Saturday spent loads on fireworks, booze and food, 10 children and 14 adults had a great time and next year I plan spend even more on fireworks :thumbsup:
Spot on. The 'sad morons' are those who moan. (Every festival has moaners, including Christmas). And the ESPECIALLY sad morons are those who call it 'Bommy night'. Doesn't even make sense. Should at least call it 'Bonny night' (being a diminutive of 'bonfire') - but then it would sound like a Robert Burns poem.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Maybe they could come and collect the rocket that landed on my nice car, So i can shove it all the way up there arse.

People don't seem to be buying normal size rockets to use at home, They are ones that should only be used in open park areas.

I wish we could be like Boston (USA) you would get arrested for lighting a firework.

Just shows what a shit hole this country has become.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Went to the display at Sussex Cricket ground yesterday. Enjoyed it, sorry :shrug:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Maybe they could come and collect the rocket that landed on my nice car, So i can shove it all the way up there arse.

People don't seem to be buying normal size rockets to use at home, They are ones that should only be used in open park areas.

I wish we could be like Boston (USA) you would get arrested for lighting a firework.

Just shows what a shit hole this country has become.

Blame H&S for making it almost impossible for schools and other organisations to hold local displays anymore

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Putting a tree in the house with a fairy on the top also "seems utterly mental" but believe it or not some of us have kids & not just edgy cats

Haha, that made me laugh. True.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yeah, I like decent things. I don't like paying loads of money to risk my life to create a bit of colour in the sky that looks identical to what every other sad bastard is producing. My living room window overlooks thousands of houses and my line of sight while watching TV has already been invaded with these monstrosities for several days. I dread to think what it's going to be like tonight.

You must be fun to be around.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
New Years eve in The Hagues is fecking dangerous, as they really go for it with fireworks...theres even an annual firework battle between two blocks of flats who aim rockets at each other all night, although I have to say... its quiet
up until midnight, then a wall of sound for a good 2-3 hours...

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
So the 2 grumpy people on this thread are a man without curtains and someone who lives in a room full of cats.

East Grinstead seems pretty cultured these days.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not overly impressed with the twots a few doors down letting off loud fireworks after 10:30pm last night while my daughter tried to sleep for her maths GCSE exam first thing today.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not overly impressed with the twots a few doors down letting off loud fireworks after 10:30pm last night while my daughter tried to sleep for her maths GCSE exam first thing today.

I guess maybe they thought that it being November exams were finished? I would.

D

Deleted member 18477

Just had a great fire and fireworks in the garden with my kids aged 20, 18, 15, soup, sausages, fantastic slow roasted pork and sat round fire after having drinks. Everyone loved it. Thats the bloody point!

i enjoy sitting round a fire eating sausage and pork and drinking beer. my original comment was only directed at shit back garden firework displays.

'yeaaa let's set off some fireworks, it makes me feel sooooo manly! grrrrrrrr'

maybe its the fact they're so shit which makes it good? i dunno i guess i'll be heading out for bonfire night to watch a real display for the rest of my life! shame.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Fireworks seem a lot safer these days. There always used to be stories on November 6th regarding people losing the odd eye or a few fingers after a cheap banger decided to detonate immediately upon lighting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here