[Albion] Ryan: "I’ll fight my way back" (or maybe I should just bugger off)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Love you Maty and love your honesty. GP keeping Steele in because he likes the role he performs is all well and good, but it must rub further salt into the wound to be (in practice) dropped from 1st to 3rd choice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I saw what you did there 🤣
Had a diminutive Ozzie work mate some years ago Stubby Sam
After the beer bottles for those that might not know

Glad someone understood it.......

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He peaked sometime either early last season or toward the end of the season before. He was very well protected under Hughton but he also was capable of pulling out big saves and he had a huge presence in the team. That has badly diminished in the last two years and he was poor toward the end of last season and awful this season. Sanchez's save from the Sheffield United free-kick alone justified his inclusion which had been long overdue.

All of that said, Ryan was superb for us for 2 years and that's what I'll remember about him in the years to come. His genuine enthusiasm and enjoyment of being in our team was infectious and seeing him sprinting up the pitch to celebrate was outstanding - Stockdale couldn't have made it halfway!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If he does go would you be happy with Sanchez as our No1?

I think he has a bright future but is still quite a novice at this level. Would you look to sign a replacement to compete with Sanchez or be another potential No 1 if Ryan went?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he does go would you be happy with Sanchez as our No1?

I think he has a bright future but is still quite a novice at this level. Would you look to sign a replacement to compete with Sanchez or be another potential No 1 if Ryan went?

To me this has got 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' written all over it.

The problem being an obvious step up is going to cost way north of £10m.
A lot of money for someone who might not be needed.

I think sticking with Sanchez will set us up for a nerve jangling learning curve.
Not ideal when facing relegation.

But there will definitely be positives as well - just will they outweigh the negatives.
Overall I think they just might, but mistakes in '6 points' could be very expensive.

Much like a new and potentially unnecessary keeper

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If it came as a shock can I suggest he was too comfortable? It was a brave move by Potter as well as a risk but so far it’s paying off.

Can I just pre empt the “we still aren’t winning”, yes I know that but I don’t think that we have conceded a shot from outside the box since Sanchez came in?

Excellent news that he is willing to fight for his place though :thumbsup:

Brave or obvious?

Both you and I called this last season, so I would say about time......

Just needs to do the same with a few others starting with Burn and AJ [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Has to be the biggest thing in GP’s favour, however still puzzling why Molumby isn’t given a chance.

Molumby is an odd one Surprising he s not been given a chance tbf
Especially with the injury problems others in his position have been suffering from
Would have thought him ideal to replace AL when he has to come off early

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Molumby is an odd one Surprising he s not been given a chance tbf
Especially with the injury problems others in his position have been suffering from
Would have thought him ideal to replace AL when he has to come off early

Yes, he can pick a pass, has great energy as well. Surely can’t do any worse than some of those who started last season or Alzate to be honest.....

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Yes, he can pick a pass, has great energy as well. Surely can’t do any worse than some of those who started last season or Alzate to be honest.....

I saw him play a few times at The Den last season. I thought he looked good and commanded their midfield. It's a shame he hasn't had to chance to show if he is ready to make that step up.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Arsenals 3 youngsters all played blinders v chelsea.........a bit of energy and enthusiasm aka DRIVE never goes amiss on a football pitch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm struggling to see what he'd bring to the party.
His highlights suggest he's great when the ball is kicked at him, with a couple of regulation saves thrown in!!

I can't help thinking this position is a victim of Covid.

Ryan/Walton see out this season.
Sanchez spent this season at top Championship club.
Walton/Sanchez start next season - loser leaves at the end of the window.

Club moves forward with 20 something keeper while the process begins again with next 'boy' up.

As said I'm not sure how the third string, 33 year old keeper, fits in with the plan esp when the pathway is seemingly clear for yoof development.

I see it as either bring in Ryan's replacement or stick with Sanchez.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ryan: "I’ll fight my way back" (or maybe I should just bugger off)

Maybe Romero is being brought in as backup?

I’m team Sanchez all the way. Think we’ve fallen on our feet with this guy, real talent.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports