Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley comments please

Stumpy Tim

Penalty was awful, and he really can't tackle. But on the ball he's definitely one of our best players. When the team is struggling for form, he's probably not the man. When we have some momentum he probably is. He reminds me of Dean Wilkins. Terrible so see a small minority booing him last night, and personally I didn't think he was that bad. He was usually the man picking up the second ball from our aimless punts to CMS

Personally I think he'll come good.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
He had a poor first half and the penalty was one of the worst I have ever seen, but to be fair he was much better in the second half.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I was really impressed with his general play during his debut, and obviously the free kick.

But since then............

Just seems a bit limp.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair he did provide two of the four comedy moments in the game......one the penalty which was hilarious, two the half hearted shot /tackle/fairy swoosh when the ball dropped to him to shoot. The two others were the overhead attempts of lua lua to control the ball by the wing...tremendous!!!

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Last night he was a disgrace. No effort, not interested and thinks he's brilliant. Penalty was a disgrace.

He bottled out of challenges which he was odds on to win if he just put his foot out.

I was fuming with him last night and he should of been hauled off at half time

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Just not Championship standard. The midfield has to carry him when he plays in the three.
He just does not bring anything to the midfield...cannot tackle, does'nt chase/close down the ball, cannot take a corner.
I don't like to criticize players, but Ryan Harley is a fcuking Pre-Madonna if ever I saw one...!!

Why did CMS not take the penalty? He won the penalty and then placed the ball on the spot...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
first half woeful

second half he was pretty good as were all of our midfield when we were dominating.

Spot on.

First half to give him 0/10 would have been generous.

Second half I thought he was one of our better players (corners aside).

Jury is very much out on him but it's too soon to write him off already.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Utter shite !!

It seems that all we have done is sign him on the basis of a job he could possibly have done for us when we were in League 1 and he was at Exeter City.
No where near good enough for the Championship.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I love how some people expect instant greatness. We've only just come up the division and people are talking like we are Premiership stalwarts. Plus we've hardly seen him play yet. If there's something wrong with his attitude then as we know Poyet won't stand for it and he'll soon be out.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It wasn't long ago there were similar threads about CMS.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It wasn't long ago there were similar threads about CMS.

were there? or was there one thread where the vast majority said he was quality?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Thought he played really well in the second half. Linked things up well and is one of our best quick one touch passers of the ball. His penalty and corners were poo though. If he had a run of games he would be very useful - however I don't think we can play a team with him and Vicente together so invariably he will miss out a lot

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
I don't think I have seen a player under hit a pass as often as Harley does.

Was it just me or did Gus appear to 'blank' him when he was substituted?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here