Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ryan Giggs

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Genuine question, while appreciating the concern from NSC’s PoV (I think!), who is likely to be monitoring this forum to ever see this stuff, or maybe running software to bring up a combination of words like ‘Giggs and guilt’ typed by speculating football fans?

A litigious person or their lawyers, perhaps?

Granted, the risk is small, but the consequences could be the closure of the site and the possible financial ruin of the site's owner.

If you're happy to face possible bankruptcy (albeit a very low risk of doing so) so that (in the main) total strangers feel able to post libellous statements, do feel free to offer Bozza a watertight financial indemnity for, say, £500k.

As I say, the risk may be small (though I think it's higher than some other cases in this instance because of the football connection between Giggs and NSC), but the consequences could be life changing. It's just not worth the risk.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Could I remind people that British decency and, perhaps particularly relevantly on this thread, English Law dictates that an individual is innocent until proven guilty, whatever one’s personal opinion of the accused’s likely guiltiness. This means that statements (or clear inferences) of guilt are libel.

Such posts are the surest way to get the thread deleted.

A million percent this. There’s a reason we have a justice system.

Really not a fan of the horrific modern day trial by media. I’d like some here to consider... just consider, how they’d feel if they were wrongfully accused and having to read some of the stuff here.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
In 2009 Ryan Giggs won Sports Personality of the Year
Must have been an exceptionally piss poor year for British sport

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I think in todays media age annonymity should be granted until conviction. Either that or we need to completely do away with the jury by a group of peers. Tell you what, give me 3 people, educated in relevant law, and i will accept their judgement. Trial by jury, in this day and age? No thanks.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A litigious person or their lawyers, perhaps?

Granted, the risk is small, but the consequences could be the closure of the site and the possible financial ruin of the site's owner.

If you're happy to face possible bankruptcy (albeit a very low risk of doing so) so that (in the main) total strangers feel able to post libellous statements, do feel free to offer Bozza a watertight financial indemnity for, say, £500k.

As I say, the risk may be small (though I think it's higher than some other cases in this instance because of the football connection between Giggs and NSC), but the consequences could be life changing. It's just not worth the risk.

Thank God it's not Kanchelskis who's been charged...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Seems that people who are great at kicking or hitting a ball have that trait though? Bjorn Borg being just one example, there are loads of others too

Tunnel vision, its like looking through one big eye, I would like to see how Henning Wehn gets on with kicking a ball, not very well I would have thought.
BTW has anyone measured the distance between Maupays eyes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here