Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Russia is gone.

Its military power, reputation, influence, economy, credibility, friends, future and tanks all gone.

In just 6 weeks. Nice one Putin.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
'Russia repeats debunked claims about Bucha footage'

Satellite image from Bucha contradicts Russian claims'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60991746 at 16:47 and 16:52

Steve Rosenberg, BBC Moscow correspondent told how the pictures of the bodies at Bucha were shown on Russian TV, but with the word 'Fake' across the screen.
It defies all logic, and somehow makes the atrocity even worse.

You can see what’s coming next when there is proof beyond denial, or Russians start questioning the narrative.

“The soldiers committing war crimes are not Russians, but Chechens or from Syria”
There’s probably an eliminate of truth to that as well, because that’s why they were brought in to kill on an ethnic and religious private agenda.

Still war crimes, but sellable to the Russian public for a while.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You can see what’s coming next when there is proof beyond denial, or Russians start questioning the narrative.

“The soldiers committing war crimes are not Russians, but Chechens or from Syria”
There’s probably an eliminate of truth to that as well, because that’s why they were brought in to kill on an ethnic and religious private agenda.

Pray Putin doesn’t get an itchy finger when he it eventually dawns on him that he has no chance of winning this war with conventional weapons. What would he have to lose when the wheels come off his regime, which is surely just a matter of time? He is going to be fecked - executed, assassinated or a prisoner for the rest of his life.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm just wondering with how poorly Russia has maintained their equipment, are their nukes actually still effective? Do they actually have as many as they say they have. All the corruption in the military and in the Russian government, it wouldn't surprise me to find out they haven't been maintaining them, but saying they have to Putin.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm just wondering with how poorly Russia has maintained their equipment, are their nukes actually still effective? Do they actually have as many as they say they have. All the corruption in the military and in the Russian government, it wouldn't surprise me to find out they haven't been maintaining them, but saying they have to Putin.

You're right to wonder that, given what we've learned in this war.

One thing I read was that up to 60% of their long range missiles failed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

No doubt that is true.

But some will work.

It'd be hitting the jackpot if they all were useless.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Precisely what some of the seemingly well-informed reporters have been saying (see @Trent Telenko on twitter for example). Those higher up in the forces - all part of the corrupt gravy train - have been creaming off cash (overstating staff numbers and getting paid for soldiers that don’t exist, claiming maintenance costs for equipment and pocketing it etc etc) for years, leaving the underlying battalions understaffed and poorly equipped.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Precisely what some of the seemingly well-informed reporters have been saying (see @Trent Telenko on twitter for example). Those higher up in the forces - all part of the corrupt gravy train - have been creaming off cash (overstating staff numbers and getting paid for soldiers that don’t exist, claiming maintenance costs for equipment and pocketing it etc etc) for years, leaving the underlying battalions understaffed and poorly equipped.

Enjoyable as it is that some of their equipment has failed, they will still have enough working nukes to destroy the entire world. When you look at the destroyed city of Mariupol, does it look like none of their weapons are working?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Matt Le Tissier, is he in our Bear Pit?

[Tweet]1511344295084793860[/tweet]

This is my favourite response

[tweet]1511362754581569544[/tweet]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I apologise for using the word Chechens as it was a genralisation which is wrong.

However it appears a military wing called The Kadyrovites from Chechenia, could be responsible for the atrocities, if some of them survived an attack trying to wipe them out as they attacked Bucha.
" according to Ukrainian intelligence, among the tasks of Chechen militants are also the «cleansing» of Kyiv and the «liquidation» of the President Volodymyr Zelensky. Vladimir Putin allegedly met with Ramzan Kadyrov in person a few weeks before the war and «instructed him how to do the dirtiest work"

Despicable and unacceptable torture, rape and murder of any civilians as it is.
How can a so called Christian "Putin" use Muslim extremist forces to enact "cleansing" of innocents.

https://www.slidstvo.info/english-s...and-the-whereabouts-of-the-chechen-occupiers/

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Kadyrovites are being mocked continually on social media largely because they aren't doing anything apart from posing with clean gear and pretending to fire at enemy positions.

One theory doing the rounds was that they were in the rear to deal with any retreating Russian troops or those who had tried to run away. You can probably guess what the punishment is.

Ironically these troops have cutting edge kit but little or no real training.

In stark contrast are the large numbers of US volunteers. A vet from Afghanistan was being interviewed and said that many of his colleagues are gathering their gear and heading out. He noted that a number see this as the defining war ofvtheir time and they want to be involved. Many are highly experienced and will be a real assett.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who said none were working ?
The question was "I'm just wondering with how poorly Russia has maintained their equipment, are their nukes actually still effective? "

How many of their nukes need to still be effective?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kadyrovites are being mocked continually on social media largely because they aren't doing anything apart from posing with clean gear and pretending to fire at enemy positions.

One theory doing the rounds was that they were in the rear to deal with any retreating Russian troops or those who had tried to run away. You can probably guess what the punishment is.

Ironically these troops have cutting edge kit but little or no real training.

In stark contrast are the large numbers of US volunteers. A vet from Afghanistan was being interviewed and said that many of his colleagues are gathering their gear and heading out. He noted that a number see this as the defining war ofvtheir time and they want to be involved. Many are highly experienced and will be a real assett.
A lot of the Kadyrovsky were killed at Hostomel airport ( Kyiv) along with one of their generals.

It is not really a stretch to suppose that the surviving Kadyrovsky were responsible for some of the atrocities. This will be verified as true or false by the investigations over time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whatever happens, I hope every last one of them dies a horrible death.
I don't.

Some of the people fighting for Russia are committing terrible war crimes, and they deserve the worst fate. Many are just young Russian men sent to a war they knew nothing about. Fundamentally I want the Russian soldiers to lose because Ukrainians are the real victims of the war, but I don't believe they all deserve to suffer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here