Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Being the mad man he is, and what he has already alluded to doing, I can only but imagine him personally firing nukes (or at least trying to do so) as a last stand sort of thing before his demise

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Also, if the attack is coming from within, you mean him nuking Russia? I don’t see that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If NATO gets involved, pushes Russia back out of Ukraine and starts making gains into Russia...

My comment was based on if Putin uses harder and harder weaponry, the Russian people (and higher ups) will ultimately turn on him. That is absolutely the best way this can end.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes, something about nuclear weapons blah blah blah.

Front him up. Ask him if he feels lucky.

The Chinese will soon tell the Kremlin to wind it in.
Let's hope so

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Roman Abramawich handing over running of Chelsea to Chelsea custodian charity for time being. On Chelsea website.

Just seen that on Sky News, not sure what that means at the moment.
Does it mean he is for or against the invasion or is it to do with the sanctions, is he buggering back off to Russia for the foreseeable future.
Chelsea will still have dirty money though, won't they.
Also just heard that Trump has opened his stupid potty mouth again, going to see what he has said this time.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
My comment was based on if Putin uses harder and harder weaponry, the Russian people (and higher ups) will ultimately turn on him. That is absolutely the best way this can end.
Of course but that depends upon various Russian military people turning on Putin.

Problem is if they do and get rid of Putin, it's still likely they themselves will be hung out to dry by whoever finds them first

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The worst thing would be a failed attempt on Putin, a rerun of the July plot against Hitler

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It was likely to go that way, as it should, but what do you think his response will be, given that he's become the pariah of most of the world?

Who knows what really goes on in Putin's mind?

Until now, the official Kremlin line has been that the reason Russia is surrounded by enemies, is that the west have made it up, so my best guess is that he will continue to blame the west for him being the pariah of most of the world. None of it will be his fault. It will always be someone else's.

As far as what actions he will take, I would assume some form of escalation will follow. I'm not qualified to speculate on what detail that might contain. Having said that, I fervently hope the final answer lies with the Russian people.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course but that depends upon various Russian military people turning on Putin.

Problem is if they do and get rid of Putin, it's still likely they themselves will be hung out to dry by whoever finds them first

Why would they be hung out to dry if they deal with him? If they realise it’s the end of Russia, they very likely will turn on him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just seen that on Sky News, not sure what that means at the moment.
Does it mean he is for or against the invasion or is it to do with the sanctions, is he buggering back off to Russia for the foreseeable future.
Chelsea will still have dirty money though, won't they.
Also just heard that Trump has opened his stupid potty mouth again, going to see what he has said this time.

Not sure it matters whether he is for or against the invasion as he is in bed with Putin. If he is against it, he isn't going to say. I suspect most Russians will be against it but most Russians won't speak out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here