[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Why would they be hung out to dry if they deal with him? If they realise it’s the end of Russia, they very likely will turn on him.
Because they will have helped plan the invasion of Ukraine using the army they control to kill innocent civilians.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because they will have helped plan the invasion of Ukraine using the army they control to kill innocent civilians.

There would be some consequences and some reparations, but it seems likely a lot of them have been acting under fear of death.

And if they effectively save the world by stopping Putin, I’m pretty sure that would be taken into account when punishments are meted out!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Russian troops are approaching Ukraine’s nuclear power plant in Zaporizhzhia and have aimed their rockets at the site, Vadym Denysenko, an adviser to Ukraine’s interior minister, said on Saturday.

The Zaporizhzhia plant, the largest in Europe, is located in south-east Ukraine. Russia has already captured the defunct Chernobyl plant, some 100 km north of Ukraine’s capital Kyiv.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
They have threatened Finland with invasion if they try/join NATO

With what? He’s gone cap in hand to the Khazaks for additional troops and they told him to do one.
He really thinks he can have war from the artic to the Black Sea?
Finland … Russia’s graveyard …

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Of course but that depends upon various Russian military people turning on Putin.

Problem is if they do and get rid of Putin, it's still likely they themselves will be hung out to dry by whoever finds them first

If they stop putin they’d get a pat on the back.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1497629651799322626[/tweet]

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I wonder how Putin is feeling tonight?

Will he be questioning his own decision making?
Will he be lamenting the needless loss of life and human suffering he has caused?
Will he understand the scale and impact of the sanctions he has brought upon his nation?

My guess is no.

My guess is he will be thinking about his personal safety.
He will have seen the footage of Russians protesting on the streets.
He will have seen reports of several deputies in the Duma, questioning his decision to invade Ukraine.
He will be wondering if anyone among his subordinates has the minerals to make an attempt on his life.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I wonder how Putin is feeling tonight?

Will he be questioning his own decision making?
Will he be lamenting the needless loss of life and human suffering he has caused?
Will he understand the scale and impact of the sanctions he has brought upon his nation?

My guess is no.

My guess is he will be thinking about his personal safety.
He will have seen the footage of Russians protesting on the streets.
He will have seen reports of several deputies in the Duma, questioning his decision to invade Ukraine.
He will be wondering if anyone among his subordinates has the minerals to make an attempt on his life.
Putin could well be considering the use of more destructive weapons to be able to bomb Ukraine into submission.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Putin could well be considering the use of more destructive weapons to be able to bomb Ukraine into submission.

He could be but he’s still going to be looking over his shoulder. at the moment he’s starting to look weak. no decisive quick victory, demonstrations and politicians questioning his decision to invade.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
He could be but he’s still going to be looking over his shoulder. at the moment he’s starting to look weak. no decisive quick victory, demonstrations and politicians questioning his decision to invade.

Which are the possible reasons for the use of more destructive weapons. A quicker, more decisive victory.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Which are the possible reasons for the use of more destructive weapons. A quicker, more decisive victory.

I take your point. You may well be right.

But I didn't ask 'what military decisions might Putin be considering tonight?'

I asked 'I wonder how Putin is feeling tonight?'

Given he has been planning the false flag(s), the invasion, and the installation of a puppet leader for years, and is directly responsible for the deaths of many Russian troops, and as many protesters on Russian streets, I would imagine he is feeling rather vulnerable.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1497653455246303233[/tweet]

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Given he has been planning the false flag(s), the invasion, and the installation of a puppet leader for years, and is directly responsible for the deaths of many Russian troops, and as many protesters on Russian streets, I would imagine he is feeling rather vulnerable.
Let's hope he'll soon be looking over HIS shoulder, Eric.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

If he is anything like Hitler, he will let his own paranoia build up and start taking out his own generals/top ranked officials around him. Replacing them with inexperienced generals not fit for the role.

Ultimately he could run the army from direct command, with no generals or anyone being able to advise him on what to do

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Netherlands has promised it will send additional military support to Ukraine.

The shipment includes 200 Stinger missiles and 50 Panzerfaust-3 anti-tank weapons with 400 missiles.

Defence Minister Kasja Ollongren says they are also investigating, in co-operation with Germany, the possibility of supplying Patriot missiles to a Nato battlegroup being formed in Slovakia.

"There was a careful but, given the circumstances, shortened check to make sure this meets weapons exports criteria," she says.

Stingers can be deployed against planes and helicopters with a range of up to 5km (3.1 miles).

The Dutch army possesses two types – a portable missile fired from the shoulder and one which can be mounted on an armoured vehicle.

The Netherlands' parliament already agreed to provide ballistic vests, combat helmets, sniper rifles, ammunition and mine detection systems.

Some of those items are understood to have been sent this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports