Russell Martin

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
What you seeing? (Can't view) Thanks

It is a Journo responding to a tweet from a Sheffield Wednesday fan enquiring if they are in for Dunk. He replies saying the price for Dunk is Huge.

I have followed him for a while and he seems well informed.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There is a big big difference between tracking a player and actually making a bid. I'm sure we are continually scouting players and keeping an eye on their progress, and it's only very rarely that it culminates in us actually trying to bring someone to the club..

Maybe this is the case with Martin..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is a big big difference between tracking a player and actually making a bid. I'm sure we are continually scouting players and keeping an eye on their progress, and it's only very rarely that it culminates in us actually trying to bring someone to the club..

Maybe this is the case with Martin..

I'm told we have made a bid of £2m which was rejected by Norwich. We'll likely never know if that is true or not. The Albion have never, and will never, come out and say "Yes, we wanted player X, we tried to get him but we were unsuccessful." - it's just not how we go about our transfer business.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Spoke again to his relative at work this morning. He claims that the deal was agreed and due to be signed Sat am but Norwich changed their minds and its now no go. I guess we will never now how close it was or who had a change of heart but it leaves me a little disappointed. I was looking forward to some first team signings it has been awfully quiet on that front and RM would have been a decent addition. On we go I guess.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just to explain my logic re Bassong, who I dont personally rate, but CH took him fromTottenham to Newcastle and then to Norwich I think, so he must rate him so is it not conceivable that he would want to bring him here either as addition or instead of somebody.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Spoke again to his relative at work this morning. He claims that the deal was agreed and due to be signed Sat am but Norwich changed their minds and its now no go. I guess we will never now how close it was or who had a change of heart but it leaves me a little disappointed.

Pretty much matches what I was told, except using more colourful language where Norwich were involved.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
He is my girlfriend's cousin, I've not heard anything concrete about him coming here but I'll keep you posted if i find anything out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Spoke again to his relative at work this morning. He claims that the deal was agreed and due to be signed Sat am but Norwich changed their minds and its now no go. I guess we will never now how close it was or who had a change of heart but it leaves me a little disappointed. I was looking forward to some first team signings it has been awfully quiet on that front and RM would have been a decent addition. On we go I guess.

Maybe that ties in with there failed attempt to sign Hanley

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
RM is in Austria with Naarch at the moment, but is ready to come back if needed. His agent is still working with the Albion, personal terms have been agreed in principal, its now a straight haggle over the fee.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Email from a Norwich season ticket holder after I asked ............

"Quality championship player at right back, problem is, he wants to play centre half and a centre half he aint. Would be pleased to see him go, so much so I said to my son I would drive him there"

then a bit later ..........

"By all accounts he is a decent bloke to have around the team, I just think he has had his time at city and a move would suit all parties"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence that he is not great at centre back which is where any vacancy would be - given that he'll hardly come here to be deputy right back to Bruno.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports