Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Martin

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I mentioned it earlier on another thread but would Wes Brown released by Sunderland be a possible for a short contract, 3 month , to tide us over.

If we could land Wes Brown, I'd want him for the season, not just 3 months. He'd be a tremendous signing.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If we could land Wes Brown, I'd want him for the season, not just 3 months. He'd be a tremendous signing.

Now you are being silly.

Think you are just living off his name. He turns 37 soon and hardly played last season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He didnt figure much for Sunderland last season and didnt do very well when he did but he is experienced and my idea of a 3 month contract from our [point would cover us untl our CBs are all up and running and Hall has had some time and games with U21s. From his point it would put him in the window for 1 final contract near his home. in January

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was the first thing I asked this morning when heard about this having previously been told that the relationship was a little frosty shall we say between the two. Learnt a valuable lesson today which is never to believe anything anyone tells me again. A real shame because I so wanted to ne ITK, never going to happen now. One thing though we absolutely need a CB and quick with the injuries in that area. Far from worried but some inbound news for the first team soon would be good.

[tweet]754294351350685697[/tweet]

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Not happening according to Sky Sports!
image.png

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The short answer......Gordon Greer !

I don't know why we didn't offer him another year, even if he only plays a handful of games.

I remember when we moved to the Amex, we only had Greer fit and ended up playing a youth player alongside him for 3 or 4 months until Elphick & El-Abd returned.

It was the making of him and I don't think staring a season with Dunk & Goldson playing and Hall warming the bench but it would be nice to still have Greer in the background

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know why we didn't offer him another year, even if he only plays a handful of games.

I remember when we moved to the Amex, we only had Greer fit and ended up playing a youth player alongside him for 3 or 4 months until Elphick & El-Abd returned.

It was the making of him and I don't think staring a season with Dunk & Goldson playing and Hall warming the bench but it would be nice to still have Greer in the background

It was the making of him? Are you referring to the captain of the club who had just led us to winning League One with a record number of points?

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
This raised my eyebrow as I'm sure I'd been told before that Martin wasn't that keen on Hughton at Norwich; largely as RM sees himself as a centre back but CH saw him as a right back.

I was told that he found Chris Hughton baffling at Norwich, said he was indecisive and was too "nice"

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was told that he found Chris Hughton baffling at Norwich, said he was indecisive and was too "nice"

Too Nice..........What's that supposed to mean ? What he means is he didn't get to play centre half just because he wanted to...........He's a snake

Russell Martin would not be out of place at a dinner party with the following guests at the table

Marcus Brutus
Benito Mussellini
Judus Iscariot
Dona Marina
Benedict Arnold
Marshal Petain
Tokyo Rose
Lord Haw Haw

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It was the making of him? Are you referring to the captain of the club who had just led us to winning League One with a record number of points?

No I was referring to the young promoting centre back who had only played a few minutes yet when he got his chance didn't look out of his league.

This could be the same for Hall or even Dallison

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here