Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup rip off - food & drink prices to increase

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Wonder why Dick's is closed for both games over the weekend ? Another revenue stream surely.

I would guess it's closed to the public, perhaps the rwc contract specifies exclusive access to all facilities and it's being used for additional corporate space

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Why the ticket ballot then ?
I assumed that was because they were oversubscribed :shrug:

They were indeed oversubscribed many times over. But those who were lucky enough to get tickets had the opportunity to give them back if they changed their mind for whatever reason, hence there has been a few tickets popping up for sale over the last few weeks.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
JUST LOOK AFTER THE PITCH (and my seat of course).

JS55855017.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've contacted the following regarding the sale of beer this weekend and whether an 'ale' will be available. The club failed to respond. Caterers (suduko or whatever their called) failed to respond. Heineken (Rugby World Cup sponsors) responded with 'contact the caterers'.
In the end I found that the drinks available will be Heineken, Bulmers Cider, Guinness & ............ I dare to even type it.............. john smiths AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

FACT Heineken estimate an average of £270,000 per game in stadium spend, that's £8.70 per person at a sell out Amex (sorry, Brighton Community Stadium). That to me sounds low.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I've contacted the following regarding the sale of beer this weekend and whether an 'ale' will be available. The club failed to respond. Caterers (suduko or whatever their called) failed to respond. Heineken (Rugby World Cup sponsors) responded with 'contact the caterers'.
In the end I found that the drinks available will be Heineken, Bulmers Cider, Guinness & ............ I dare to even type it.............. john smiths AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

FACT Heineken estimate an average of £270,000 per game in stadium spend, that's £8.70 per person at a sell out Amex (sorry, Brighton Community Stadium). That to me sounds low.

So with 2 games and we assume a healthy share of profits negotiated by PB then can we expect c£250k profit from this scenario? If so well played all.

I got two tickets for Saturday and went for the mid level price on the expectation that I'd get to sit somewhere other than the WU. A bit annoyed that my seats are therefore two rows and eight seats to the left of where I already normally sit....

....but I'm looking forward to it none the less!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Have either games sold out yet? There Were still tickets available to buy earlier this week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have either games sold out yet? There Were still tickets available to buy earlier this week.

They were speaking to the World Cup director of ops on 5-Live this morning, and he mentioned that there had been 250,000 applications for tickets at Brighton.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Only from tout sites though: the email from the RWC organisers themselves had both games as sellouts

They were speaking to the World Cup director of ops on 5-Live this morning, and he mentioned that there had been 250,000 applications for tickets at Brighton.

Viagogo has tickets for both matches, starting at £25 for the less interesting game (Samoa?)

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Viagogo has tickets for both matches, starting at £25 for the less interesting game (Samoa?)

Viagogo is a tout site sometimes you get bargains on there, other times they masquerade as an official or approved resale agent. Be interested to know what that 25 is once fees are added. Without looking I'd guess not much change from 50

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
With the amount tickets washing about on gumtree, viagogo and other tout sites it does seem a shame that fans were unable to buy the tickets they applied for

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Hopefully they haven't hoovered up vast swathes of tickets to flog on at their mark-up. It'd be pretty disappointing to see loads of empty seats.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Just looked on Viagogo and the cheapest for Samoa now 215 and for South Africa 131

I just saw that, amazing how they have gone from £25 on Tues/Weds to that, maybe they have shifted most of what they had.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
With the amount tickets washing about on gumtree, viagogo and other tout sites it does seem a shame that fans were unable to buy the tickets they applied for

That's because there is a large number of scumbags / entrepreneurs (take your pick) who routinely apply for whatever tickets they can when scare tickets are put on sale - the same will be happening as I write for the Muse arena tour sale that started at 9am. One can only hope they get their fingers burnt and are left with some of them and take a loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here