Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup rip off - food & drink prices to increase

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But there wasn't north of 30,000 there that night, I'd wager.

Blimey have they really sold out for games that are going to be so uncompetitive that the result is a foregone conclusion, certainly in the South Africa game anyway. I am shocked if so.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blimey have they really sold out for games that are going to be so uncompetitive that the result is a foregone conclusion. I am shocked if so.

I don't know for sure, but I'd assume so. There's probably a fair amount of neutral interest, novelty value and all that. It is the World Cup after all. There's a woman at work here who is part South African, and had to apply through a ballot to get a couple of tickets for the game on Saturday. Her seats been damp all week.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Let's hope the service and food quality can justify the cost.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey have they really sold out for games that are going to be so uncompetitive that the result is a foregone conclusion, certainly in the South Africa game anyway. I am shocked if so.

I believe that the Amex games were the some of the first ones to sell out. Even now, after the resale of tickets, they're two of the games where no tickets are available

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Good - those snobby egg chasing fans who look down on football fans can increase our income.

As a BHA fan for over 40yrs and rugby fan for as long I assume I am looking horizontally as I can neither look up or down according to you. You must be weighed down by a Mccain 5%fat oven chip wresting on your shoulder that makes you look up to rugby fans!.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I see what you mean but it does say venue or catering partner so depends what the agreement with our catering cowboys is.

Sodexo pay the club money for the right to provide catering at the AMEX. The club get a share of the profits.
PB says buying more pies and pints == bigger playing budget.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Isnt that what they pay at Arsenal? I would think an International World Cup match would cost more than a 2nd tier match...way of the world.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't know for sure, but I'd assume so. There's probably a fair amount of neutral interest, novelty value and all that. It is the World Cup after all. There's a woman at work here who is part South African, and had to apply through a ballot to get a couple of tickets for the game on Saturday. Her seats been damp all week.

Tickets were still available on Tuesday, and there are tickets available for sale for both games online (eg viagogo).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tickets were still available on Tuesday, and there are tickets available for sale for both games online (eg viagogo).

Why the ticket ballot then ?
I assumed that was because they were oversubscribed :shrug:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Love the feck em attitude. £5 a pint is well reasonable?

I can't stand egg chasing but can't see why people who do should be fleeced to the hilt due to market forces.

Every time I bought a pint at the Amex when I was a STH it was over four quid, a pound increase, in Brighton of all places, for a major competition is totally reasonable. Needless to say all the people it's bringing in from overseas will be loaded anyhow.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Wonder why Dick's is closed for both games over the weekend ? Another revenue stream surely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here