Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruben loftus-Cheek on loan?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Set to sign according to daily mirror / sky sports deadline ticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure how reliable these things are but it looks like a strong rumour now .

08:24
SEAGULLS IN LOFTUS-CHEEK LOAN

Brighton boss Chris Hughton is poised to land a huge coup by beating a host of Premier League clubs to the signing of Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, reports the Daily Mirror.

Antonio Conte is ready to ratify the 20-year-old’s loan move to the AMEX Stadium after his failure to break into the Premier League leaders’ first team on a regular basis.

Conte feels the Sky Bet Championship leaders Brighton offer Loftus-Cheek a better chance of first-team football, which would see West Ham miss out on the promising youngster.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
With all due respect to the Mirror writer, he never sees Championship matches and has no idea whether we need a player in Loftus-Cheek's position or not. And the idea that Conte has offered any opinion on the Albion is faintly ludicrous. Moose, on the other hand, knows football at all levels.

None of which means it definitely won't happen, of course, but it makes no sense for either club.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'd be happy if we got him, but if I had to bet on just one club getting him then my money would be on Birmingham.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I wonder if we were to sign him on loan for the season and it worked out with us going up, whether we'd be in a good position to sign him on loan for next season too if Chelsea don't want him back.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We don't really have cover for Baldock so whoever we get is an upgrade.

Will be a massive gamble not to sign a striker to compete / cover

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very good player that he maybe but it's not a position we need to fill.

Cover for Sam is what is required.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I wonder if we were to sign him on loan for the season and it worked out with us going up, whether we'd be in a good position to sign him on loan for next season too if Chelsea don't want him back.

I'd have thought this would be one of the selling points of a loan we would be highlighting. If we were after him, of course.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 9m
9 minutes ago

Charlton have signed Brighton midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey on a two-and-a-half year deal. #cafc #bhafc #rufc
3 replies
23 retweets
18 likes

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Norwood and Sidwell have been superb acquisitions for us but I don't see either of them as Premier League players. I'd say Murray is probably only a squad player too although I'm not so sure on that one.

To be honest, our squad is full of players that have meant we are greater than the sum of our parts, so I think if we did go up, Hughton would have some very tough decisions to make. Decisions would need to be made on the futures of excellent servants like Murphy, Skalak, Bruno, Hemed, Baldock. I wouldn't envy Hughton really.

If we keep them all, I think we'd be 50/50 to go straight back down. Not that I'd be that bothered as a fan...

Realistically we are never likely to be a top Premier League team. I would love to see us stay up for a couple or more seasons and not spend too much on wages and players. This could sort out the financial future of the club and repay Tony.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What 'new bloke'? We don't have one, we aren't buying to replace in January as far as I'm aware. What Driver8 said is a matter of course, Stephens does not have a decision to make. And if you're suggesting bedding in a loanee, you're barking mad!

Your opinion, to which you are entitled to as equally as I am mine, without the insults.
Anything could happen, so I wouldn't go assuming that your are right, that prerogative belongs entirely to my wife.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Your opinion, to which you are entitled to as equally as I am mine, without the insults.
Anything could happen, so I wouldn't go assuming that your are right, that prerogative belongs entirely to my wife.

Is 'barking mad' an insult?

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
Seems stoke are interested now. Will probably go on and be their player of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here