Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruben loftus-Cheek on loan?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Are you implying that the club will only offer him a new contract at the end of the season?

I think you'll find the club have said they have been in discussions for many months. But it still remains it is only his decision come summer.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I think you'll find the club have said they have been in discussions for many months. But it still remains it is only his decision come summer.

But just say a club does come in with a big offer during the current transfer window. Surely Bloom would enquire with Stephens whether his mind has changed about leaving? If not and Stephens still wants to leave, it would certainly help Bloom decide on how to play his cards right?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But just say a club does come in with a big offer during the current transfer window. Surely Bloom would enquire with Stephens whether his mind has changed about leaving? If not, it would certainly help Bloom decide on how to play his cards right?

That would be called speculation, like most of this thread. TB turned down £8 million for him in the summer, as his vision seems to be quite exquisite. I don't see the problem, if the chairman doesn't, with spunking £8 mill if it means we are promoted come summer. We will be looking at up to 6-8 changes come summer if promoted anyway.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
That would be called speculation, like most of this thread. TB turned down £8 million for him in the summer, as his vision seems to be quite exquisite. I don't see the problem, if the chairman doesn't, with spunking £8 mill if it means we are promoted come summer. We will be looking at up to 6-8 changes come summer if promoted anyway.

We will probably need 2 new full backs and another striker. Kayal and Stephens will be able to cope in the Prem, so would March and Knockaert as to will Murray. Dunk and Duffy will manage very comfortable indeed. Stockdale will do a job in the Prem too.

Really can't see how we'll need 6 to 8 changes?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We will probably need 2 new full backs and another striker. Kayal and Stephens will be able to cope in the Prem, so would March and Knockaert as to will Murray. Dunk and Duffy will manage very comfortable indeed. Stockdale will do a job in the Prem too.

Really can't see how we'll need 6 to 8 changes?

Our back up would need to be able to step in, we don't have Premier class back up.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Our back up would need to be able to step in, we don't have Premier class back up.

Goldson is good backup for the centre backs. Norwood and Sidwell are pretty good backup midfielders and also Murphy will be a very handy game changer to bring on in the Prem.

Still struggling to see the 6 to 8 changes required?

Looks to me as if Bloom and Hughton have done a very patient job on the Albion in building a team, in the Championship, which will sustain itself in the Prem if and when they get promoted. I really doubt bloom and Hughton will go transfer crazy once we're up. I presume they'll carry on the patient development of our club by bringing in quality rather than quantity.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Goldson is good backup for the centre backs. Norwood and Sidwell are pretty good backup midfielders and also Murphy will be a very handy game changer to bring on in the Prem.

Looks to me as if Bloom and Hughton have done a very patient job on the Albion in building a team, in the Championship, which will sustain itself in the Prem if and when they get promoted. I really doubt bloom and Hughton will go transfer crazy once we're up. I presume they'll carry on the patient development of our club by bringing in quality rather than quantity.

I think this would be known as 'the Hull method'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Norwood and Sidwell have been superb acquisitions for us but I don't see either of them as Premier League players. I'd say Murray is probably only a squad player too although I'm not so sure on that one.

To be honest, our squad is full of players that have meant we are greater than the sum of our parts, so I think if we did go up, Hughton would have some very tough decisions to make. Decisions would need to be made on the futures of excellent servants like Murphy, Skalak, Bruno, Hemed, Baldock. I wouldn't envy Hughton really.

If we keep them all, I think we'd be 50/50 to go straight back down. Not that I'd be that bothered as a fan...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I'm not suggesting 'transfer crazy' I am suggesting we will need Prem ready players to add to the squad. As I said previously, all speculation.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Norwood and Sidwell have been superb acquisitions for us but I don't see either of them as Premier League players. I'd say Murray is probably only a squad player too although I'm not so sure on that one.

To be honest, our squad is full of players that have meant we are greater than the sum of our parts, so I think if we did go up, Hughton would have some very tough decisions to make. Decisions would need to be made on the futures of excellent servants like Murphy, Skalak, Bruno, Hemed, Baldock. I wouldn't envy Hughton really.

If we keep them all, I think we'd be 50/50 to go straight back down. Not that I'd be that bothered as a fan...

Agree with the vast majority of this, although Bruno would be a decent squad player, and perhaps even starter. Hemed might do something in the PL but coming off the bench rather than starting. I think Norwood is even more likely, especially in a midfield three (I'd certainly be happy with him as a fourth choice, for instance). I'd certainly add Bong to your list.
I agree that we'd need quality over quantity, but we'd still probably need to buy about four to six, and rely on one or two decent loans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here