Rubbish Youngsters

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
MrV said:
Lynch is terrific, another class.

All the others are useful, and will get better with experience.

As I have already said on other threads, I have it on good authority that Lynch will be off to West ham in January...and I doubt whether we'll replace him. The signs are not very promising.

:(

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
durrington gull said:
I am sick of people saying we've got promising youngsters. If they can't make it in this team get rid of them all.

Robinson - Crap
Lynch - Overated
Cox - average
Al Abd = Useless
Gatting - Waste of space
and on and on....................

What's the point in bringng in two young players in on loan when we are supposed to have good youngsters:angry: :angry:

Fact: They are not good enough for this division and will end up non league, aka Ramsey, Marney and all the other 'promising youth'

Robinson - Never gets 90 mins
Lynch - played out of position again today
Cox - Player of the season so far
Al Abd - Who?
Gatting - been injured and not had 90 mins this season
Durrington Gull - speaks out of his arse...probably hasn't been to a game this season

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Easy your spot on!

Very dangerous situation for them at present, these players should have been eased into a stable solid side where they would have learnt and been able to make mistakes without them being match threatening.

Instead they've been blooded all at once into a crap situation which could damage them and ruin some of their careers!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Easy 10 said:
Far from bringing these players on, this season could well end up finishing them off.
exactly right. we need to get out & use our loans to bring in the players to lead the team. We should forget about promising premiership reserves & look to find the journeymen that have seen it all & done it all. Weve done it before & now have to again.The side needs an overhaul ,no sentimentality should come into it.Whatever players have done for us in the past now needs to be left behind before its too late.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Its not that they are rubbish..its the fact they've all been pushed into the team at the same time because of the penny pinching chairmane we have in charge.
if they came in in 1 or 2's with more experience around them i think you would see much better performances from them...but at the moment its boyz against men

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
durrington gull said:
I am sick of people saying we've got promising youngsters. If they can't make it in this team get rid of them all.

Robinson - Crap
Lynch - Overated
Cox - average
Al Abd = Useless
Gatting - Waste of space

What's the point in bringng in two young players in on loan when we are supposed to have good youngsters:angry: :angry:

Fact: They are not good enough for this division and will end up non league, aka Ramsey, Marney and all the other 'promising youth'

The problem is that we are having to rely too heavily on too many of them. Since breaking into the side, Cox has suddenly become a vital part of the team, a play we look to, rely upon, when at this stage of his career he should be an impact [player off the bench, and occasional starter.

He, like others, should not be our best chance of turning this run of form around. It's asking too much and I fear - with the boneheaded criticism that they take as a result - it could destroy them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would send out Gatting Loft and Sullivan to conference sides, Crawley? to get them hardened up playing against men. That will do them more good than staying here, possibly on the bench, getting slated each week by home supporters.

We need to bring in a minmum of 3 possibly 5 experienced players very quickly. The tolls of struggling wil do immense harm against the best prospects like Lynch and Cox and hopefully bringing in 3 or 5 players would enable DW to drop the older players who are not performing.

The problem is not the quality of the youngsters, it is the quality of the squad. We should have a core of 8 - 10 hardened pros between which we could slot the up and coming talent and give them experience without too much responsibility. We don't have that core of players. If anyone is to blame then blame the board, not the young Albion players as that is pointless and counter-productive.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Re: Re: Rubbish Youngsters

supaseagull said:
Robinson - Never gets 90 mins
Lynch - played out of position again today
Cox - Player of the season so far
Al Abd - Who?
Gatting - been injured and not had 90 mins this season
Durrington Gull - speaks out of his arse...probably hasn't been to a game this season

Yes i have been today plus another 3 games!, my point being that these supposedly good youngsers arn't as good as some of us think they are!!!

I'm afraid that apart from Virgo & maybe Harding we have failed to produce anyone of real note. I certainly hope i'm proved wrong though!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Rubbish Youngsters

durrington gull said:
Yes i have been today plus another 3 games!, my point being that these supposedly good youngsers arn't as good as some of us think they are!!!

I'm afraid that apart from Virgo & maybe Harding we have failed to produce anyone of real note. I certainly hope i'm proved wrong though!

Yeah, well at least you're giving them a chance eh? :rolleyes:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

durrington gull said:

You're an idiot.

Cox and Lynch are both going to become better footballers than Harding or Virgo will ever be. As stated by many on here, we all know too many youngsters are playing, and too much is being asked of them.

It does not make them all shit. We still haven't really seen anything of Gatting on which to base a firm judgement on, unless you went to the thirty-odd reserve and youth games he played last year. I didn't.

Robinson should be playing more at the moment. At least he is quick, which is something we are lacking badly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
durrington gull said:

Robinson - Crap
Lynch - Overated
Cox - average
Al Abd = Useless
Gatting - Waste of space

were you the bloke who rang the phone in with this point?

Former Dutch Marine

Oct 9, 2006
Sydney Australia
The club needs to keep producing young players to survive - Harding and Virgo were handy pay days. Alot of the boys playing at the moment have been with the club since 10/11 years old. I would love to see a few more quality experienced additions to the squad combining with the younger players to bring them on, they need time and nurturing not slagging. Would you prefer some more premadonnas - Knight , Richards ? :salute: :salute:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I hope Lynch is sold soon as any potential he has which I think is a lot and he is the best youngster of ours by miles will be killed in this side.
As for the rest they are merely this years Marney, Wilkinson, Ramsey etc and will be in the Conference or County League in a years time.
The reason the kids were given contracts was it was a cheap option to fill the squad up.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

H block said:
did you go today
That's not the point he's making.

To so wholeheartedly slag off the players, especially when they are still only 19, is completely and utterly counter-productive. The players have great potential, so to say they are shit is just plain wrong. They will NOT get any better with such discouragement and abuse. Unless, of course, he is working on the agenda of not wanting them to get better purely in order to justify his rant.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As Easy mentioned before. We are in a perilous state and these kids needed to be blooded into a team with 5 or 6 old heads and a balanced side. As it happens, we can't do that.

There are some promising players in our ranks and we have to sit tight. They beat some very good teams at junior level - Chelsea for one, and they spend an astonishing amount on their youth setup. More than our entire turnover! Of course, it is a different ball game at pro level, but they need some grit and determination and confidence!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports