Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Blood (BHA fans) on Soccer AM

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Eavis has done a great job with Glastonbury, no touting at all. At least I know I am competing with fellow punters in the annual Glasto bunfight and not cynical profiteers.

Totally agree. And you get a second bite of the cherry when the returns/unsold tickets go on sale. The difference is that he is very passionate about what he does and it's not just about the bottom line for him.

I have to be honest, having given the album a good half a dozen listens through, it doesn't quite do it for me. There's three or so really excellent songs on there, but at other times they just sound like a QOTSA tribute band. However I can't help thinking that their next album (when they will probably have honed their style/sound a bit more) could well be stonking.

I'm also a bit bemused by the whole bass guitar thing, particularly how it seems to be mandatory to reference it when discussing them. Yes, he uses lots of clever effects to make a bass sound like a guitar. He could alternatively play an actual guitar and use a simple octave pedal to sound like a bass. It might well look ace live, but having only listened to the record (and apparently getting old before my time) it just sounds like a lot of unnecessary effort. I suppose if it acted as a talking point when they were relatively little-known it's probably done it's job.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They have just announced a low key Berlin date. Rather short notice, it's a week today.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm seeing them at the Cambridge leg of their tour. I wasn't the one who bought the tickets but apparently it was no issue because they were bought through the venue rather than Ticketmaster

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Mercury Award nominees, immense good work!

Now get a f*cking gig in Brighton sorted please

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mercury Award nominees, immense good work!

Now get a f*cking gig in Brighton sorted please

It's on the way, will be closer to Christmas probably.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No problem. I'm going to pop along. I like the album. Hey, do you read your PMs?

My PM notifications are messed up. I'm guessing I have one. I will read and reply (as long as it isn't just a massive torrent of VILE ABUSE).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A cheeky little hour set outside the club shop on a match day would be nice...

Make it happen Mellotron.... over to you ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here