Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Blood (BHA fans) on Soccer AM

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Out of interest, who's that?

Cindy Alter. Former lead singer of Clout, who sold over 12m albums in the late 70's, early 80's. Started off as an all girl band, they were huge in mainland Europe and they were only kept off the no1 spot in the UK by one of the songs from Grease. She now has her own band (Alter Irving), singing mainly country songs and stuff from her and her singing partner's past. They are very good live if you like that sort of thing (I don't, but I smile sweetly as she is one of my wife's friends) and they play a lot mainly in and around Jo'burg.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Cindy Alter. Former lead singer of Clout, who sold over 12m albums in the late 70's, early 80's. Started off as an all girl band, they were huge in mainland Europe and they were only kept off the no1 spot in the UK by one of the songs from Grease. She now has her own band (Alter Irving), singing mainly country songs and stuff from her and her singing partner's past. They are very good live if you like that sort of thing (I don't, but I smile sweetly as she is one of my wife's friends) and they play a lot mainly in and around Jo'burg.

Clout! I remember them, particularly because it's another word that means c**t!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Tried to get tickets for Liverpool or Manchester gigs but they seem to have sold out in about 10 mins. They have already appeared on the bloody tout sites.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Long overdue that they did something about the touts being able to buy large quantities of tickets.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Long overdue that they did something about the touts being able to buy large quantities of tickets.

Especially when they then appear on Ticketmaster's own tout site five minutes after being sold on the main site.

If your mates have any face value tickets held back and want a couple of Albion fans at their Liverpool or Manchester gigs please let me know!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Especially when they then appear on Ticketmaster's own tout site five minutes after being sold on the main site.

If your mates have any face value tickets held back and want a couple of Albion fans at their Liverpool or Manchester gigs please let me know!!

Will do.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Lots of unhappy people on twitter, sold out on Ticketmaster in 30 seconds and now all over tout sites.

Really unfair on fans who enjoy the music that people snap them all up then stick them on a site to make themselves a little bit of money.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It is ridiculous that this touting situation is tolerated. The "secondary market" is not a secondary market at all but the primary market for a bunch of profiteering spivs who don't give a crap about music denying people who actually want to ATTEND shows the chance to buy tickets at face value.

Without going through the small print, does this instant resale not breach the T&C's on the tickets.

No-one has a problem with people selling on spares or tickets for gigs they can no longer make, but we have now is an industry that is built on reselling tickets at inflated prices the minute the go on sale. This is not the free market in action but a distorted market designed to screw punters out of as much money as possible.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I hope so, I think they could sell out the Dome now

Probably. Tried to get tickets for the Electric Ballroom Camden dates and they had sold out in 15 seconds. Literally. My clock said 09:00:15 when I got the message that tickets were unavailable and that's at 1,100 capacity venue.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It is ridiculous that this touting situation is tolerated. The "secondary market" is not a secondary market at all but the primary market for a bunch of profiteering spivs who don't give a crap about music denying people who actually want to ATTEND shows the chance to buy tickets at face value.

Without going through the small print, does this instant resale not breach the T&C's on the tickets.

No-one has a problem with people selling on spares or tickets for gigs they can no longer make, but we have now is an industry that is built on reselling tickets at inflated prices the minute the go on sale. This is not the free market in action but a distorted market designed to screw punters out of as much money as possible.

And the Govt are not interested. I actually wrote to my MP about this (the only time I have ever done so) and the reply was that they had considered legislating against it but decided the free market was better for fans. As you say it is the opposite in the majority of cases.

All they need to do is ban the sale of tickets above face value, meaning those with spares can sell but cutting out the touts.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Just listened to RB on Spotify, great band and sound. Amazing the sound they get from just two of them, does the lead singer get paid more as he does about 4 different roles?:D My son has seen them twice live and said they are great.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This. I remember reading an interview with Michael Eavis about this and he said that he once raised the issue at a promoters conference and he said that no one in the industry is interested in trying to stop it other than him and Glastonbury.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mellotron, any European dates on the horizon?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This. I remember reading an interview with Michael Eavis about this and he said that he once raised the issue at a promoters conference and he said that no one in the industry is interested in trying to stop it other than him and Glastonbury.

Eavis has done a great job with Glastonbury, no touting at all. At least I know I am competing with fellow punters in the annual Glasto bunfight and not cynical profiteers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here