Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rottingdean Bus??

Aug 21, 2011
The Rottingdean bus is that put on for the football like the normal P&R buses, ie it constantly ferrys fans to and from the stadium, or is it a normal bus that happens to stop at the Amex as part of its route.
If it is put on especially for the Stadium where do you catch it from??????

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The R bus to Rottingdean is a Football Special, just like the P and S buses (Portslade and Shoreham). For any of these special buses you catch it from within the coach park and it's a case of finding the right bus. Don't join any of the P&R queues, just walk to the middle of the coach park and you'll see them. They leave when they are full but I don't know how many of these buses they run, so hurry to get on one.

Aug 21, 2011
thanks for that, any idea where you get it from In Rottingdean and times it starts?? There seems to be no official info about this!!

This is the official information from the bus company ...

Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company

Route R is a shuttle service from Rottingdean, with buses approximately every 15 minutes between 12.25pm and 2.10pm (5.45pm and 7pm for an evening match) linking Rottingdean and the Stadium via Woodingdean (Falmer Road, Cowley Drive and Bexhill Road). These journeys provide convenient links for people living in Newhaven, Peacehaven and Saltdean who catch a 12/12A or 14/14C to Rottingdean and Route R buses depart from the bus stop opposite The White Horse (facing towards Saltdean). There will be departures on Route R returning from the stadium from approximately 5pm (or when full) until 5.45pm (or when full) and from 9.45pm until 10.30pm for an evening match.

SAVER tickets and Bus ID deals will NOT be valid on this service; only the travel vouchers issued by Brighton & Hove Albion and national concessionary passes are valid. No pre-booking is required and space is available on this service on a first come, first served basis. Please note that some journeys on this special service may be operated by other bus companies' vehicles, so please watch carefully for your bus.

Aug 21, 2011
I take it back, you have found the official word on it!. Now need to decide if best to get that or use the P&R at the race course. decisions decisions.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Just to note though. I caught the R bus on the first day for the Eastbourne game and they started from the White Horse on the sea side facing Brighton and went along to Ovingdean roundabout to turn around. Perhaps they have changed that since then

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Another point to note is there is only one bus, So if your not on the first trip away for the game you have to wait for it to do a complete return journey.
The wife and son were on the second journey getting off at the bottom of Cowley and got home at just after 6.
To the point i think you can actually walk that distance in the same time.
Think it would be better if at least a second bus was used.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Another point to note is there is only one bus, So if your not on the first trip away for the game you have to wait for it to do a complete return journey.
The wife and son were on the second journey getting off at the bottom of Cowley and got home at just after 6.
To the point i think you can actually walk that distance in the same time.
Think it would be better if at least a second bus was used.

There are at least 3 buses and someone seems to have had a word as one of them is generally a double decker now too. The only thing I would say is that the buses are usually full by the time they reach the top of Woodingdean so you might have a long wait if you are catching from there.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
There are at least 3 buses and someone seems to have had a word as one of them is generally a double decker now too. The only thing I would say is that the buses are usually full by the time they reach the top of Woodingdean so you might have a long wait if you are catching from there.

I'm referring to going home from the stadium. On Saturday, there was only one, this being a distinctive purple & white single decker taking everyone home.
So there was a long wait for it to do its return journey.
This is the first time the wife as used it so if you say there are normally 3, Saturday must have been different.

Last edited:

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I'm referring to going home from the stadium. On Saturday, there was only one, this being a distinctive purple & white single decker taking everyone home.
So there was a long wait for it to do its return journey.
This is the first time the wife as used it so if you say there are normally 3, Saturday must have been different.

On Saturday I got a big double decker back. Maybe she didn't realise this one went through Woodingdean?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
On Saturday I got a big double decker back. Maybe she didn't realise this one went through Woodingdean?

Ok..... was this a normal service bus ? or the dedicated Route R bus ?
she asked the steward where to go for this bus and was told to queue opposite the one for the race course P&R.
there was couple of 100 of them all waiting for this single bus.
Where did you get on the double decker ?

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
i use route R as i come from peacehaven and cannot complain one bit, for the evening games i tend to drive to woodingdean because i could imagine picking up a 12 or 14 can be a nightmare late at night.

i have tried the train but decided after the first week the bus is the best route home

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I suggest anyone with a car goes to the racecourse.

Loads of buses going, and loads of buses waiting at the end.

TB

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ok..... was this a normal service bus ? or the dedicated Route R bus ?
she asked the steward where to go for this bus and was told to queue opposite the one for the race course P&R.
there was couple of 100 of them all waiting for this single bus.
Where did you get on the double decker ?

There are no normal bus services from Rottingdean to Falmer. I was on a double decker and there were buses in front of us and behind us. Each game has got better, out of the ground, straight on to the bus, home within 30 minutes of the final whistle. The R bus is brilliant.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
There are no normal bus services from Rottingdean to Falmer. I was on a double decker and there were buses in front of us and behind us. Each game has got better, out of the ground, straight on to the bus, home within 30 minutes of the final whistle. The R bus is brilliant.
you must of left the ground early?used this 3 times and it has taken me over a hour to get home

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Where on the coach park are you getting these buses ? the wife was directed to where the P & R & S go from, is this where you got it from ?As said there at least a 100 others waiting with her just for the Route R bus.
Can you identify exactly where these go from in the coach park.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Where on the coach park are you getting these buses ? the wife was directed to where the P & R & S go from, is this where you got it from ?As said there at least a 100 others waiting with her just for the Route R bus.
Can you identify exactly where these go from in the coach park.

when you find out can you let me know?

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Hard to describe. In the middle I guess. Just look for buses marked P, R or S and they are there. All the stewards I've heard know where it is so just ask them if you are confused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here