Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yay, Rooney is world class again!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Van Basten

[video=google;17607991636179]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=17607991636179 58968#[/video]

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Pretty disappointed when I saw Rooneys goal, the way people were going on about it. Class goal but not the best goal of the season like people were saying.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Pretty disappointed when I saw Rooneys goal, the way people were going on about it. Class goal but not the best goal of the season like people were saying.

when i first saw it i felt the same but the more and more i see it the better and better it gets

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

I agree, good finish but not the best goal ever as some people are saying. Pele will always be better as he invented it... well, made it an art form anyway

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Anyone with erectile dysfunction that can do that gets my vote.

Rooney would get a :thumbsup: from me but obviously he's a granny smasher, therefore ruling himself out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So which is better: Rooney's goal v Man City or Pele's v the Germans in 'Escape to Victory'?

clearly Rooney's as that actually happened and in real time. Pele would have probably done a dozen takes to get it right for the camera.

does not make it goal of the centuary.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's as if the whole World couldn't face being proved so wrong about Rooney last summer, that they have been desperately waiting for something to happen to proclaim him "World Class" once again. Sorry, but as good (not great, it was good) a goal as it was, that alone doesn't suddenly prepare him to this modern-day holy grail that is the label of being World Class.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A quality goal, but I've had to endure one of the plastic Mancs in my office today (total visits to Old Trafford in the previous five years: 0) crapping on about how it was undoubtedly the best goal EVER.

It is a beauty, but not even in the top ten of all time IMHO.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
It is a beauty, but not even in the top ten of all time IMHO.

Agree with this. And I'm not convinced of the logic that it being scored in the Manchester derby somehow makes it a better goal. Can't see what difference that makes at all really.

Trevor Sinclair's is still the best I've ever seen, he also scored this one, which I would argue is also better than Rooney's effort (bizarrely this seems to be the only video of the goal on youtube)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here