Rooney - Broken 4th Metatarsal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stumpy Tim

Billy the Fish said:
Damn right they should be.

Exactly. If we get through the group stages without Rooney (as we should), then it's 8 weeks until Rooney's first game. It's a no-brainer.

And in the meantime, England should push Gerrard up behind the main striker, and play Carrick as a holding midfielder. It's what everyone has been wanting for ages.

It's a MASSIVE blow, but could work out okay

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is not a major issue this providing both are available after the group stages.

Providing we beat Paraguay we will go to the next stage

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyway if Gerrard plays like he is today who cares ?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Stumpy Tim said:
Exactly. If we get through the group stages without Rooney (as we should), then it's 8 weeks until Rooney's first game. It's a no-brainer.

And in the meantime, England should push Gerrard up behind the main striker, and play Carrick as a holding midfielder. It's what everyone has been wanting for ages.

It's a MASSIVE blow, but could work out okay
Good call. Gerrard and Lampard in the same midfield doesn't work. Out of the two Gerrard is in better form at the moment, Lampard to come off the bench

Stumpy Tim

Billy the Fish said:
Good call. Gerrard and Lampard in the same midfield doesn't work. Out of the two Gerrard is in better form at the moment, Lampard to come off the bench

My point is you play both. Carrick & Lampard in midfield, Gerrard playing behind the forward up-front (Owen if fit)

Robinson,

Neville, Terry, Rio, Cole (if fit)
Beckham, Lampard, Carrick, Cole,
Gerrard,
Owen

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
After 40 years of watching world cups I've given up hope of us ever winning the bloody thing again anyway. This time its Rooney, 4 years ago it was Beckham, in 4 years time ?????.

When are the fixtures for 2006-7 out anyway?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Screaming J said:
After 40 years of watching world cups I've given up hope of us ever winning the bloody thing again anyway. This time its Rooney, 4 years ago it was Beckham, in 4 years time ?????.

When are the fixtures for 2006-7 out anyway?

22nd June ;)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
6 weeks my arse.

Anyone remember when Bobby Zamora was 'out for a month' in 2002, and came back in 10 days. I'll take £5 with anyone that he'll play in the first World Cup match.

Halleluhah I agree with TLO.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Beckham had one of them oxygen tent things didn't he to speed up his recovering. Rooney will almost certainly get the same treatment. Just hope it works.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not getting my hopes up again, we always seem to have shit like this happen to us. Of the 22 players on the pitch yesterday, it has to be the one most important to our World Cup chances who picks up an injury. There must be a curse against England winning any major tournament. :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is not a curse we are not good enough however we do have a better squad this time.

All depends on Rooney fitness now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently Beckham took 7 and a half weeks to "recover" from his metatarsal injury in 2002, but even then he didn't look fully fit when he played.

Rooney only has 6 weeks, and he's already broken a bone in the same foot 2 years ago. Not just that, but even if he did make a miraculous recovery he'd come in with no match practice and our team gameplan would be incomplete while Sven waits and sees.

Warning Old Man Reply!!!

Is it me or are these metatarsal injuries more regular now? I think it must be to do with the boots and the new studs that they wear. The new boots are as thin as anything.

Oh and the balls are lighter, the players are soft and there is not enough physical contact...:lolol:

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
It's those bloody blades. The sooner they get banned the better. Is it a surprise that Rooney was modelling a new designed boot in this match? Hmmmm. (attempts to control anger..)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports