Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ronald does palace

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
That ended up with me phoning the lads mum to tell her that he'd broken his collarbone after a pile-on at the bottom of the lower stand steps and was on his way to A&E in the back of an ambulance. Probably not the Saturday night either of them wanted.
Ah but remember, safe standing isn't needed when you can just stand in your seat...

Hope he's ok

Reactions: SAC

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Exactly. I was on the trainload that he shows at the start of the video and told him it was good to see him. A lot of NSK and “lads” around us doing the same because they recognise him from the NS.

But the point is the points system is designed to reward long term fans AND newer ones who make an effort, otherwise everyone in the away end would be over 40. One group isn’t excluded for the other. But if Palace is the only away you want to do, that’s not going to happen. Put in a few longer aways and it will.
Completely agree. If you do a reasonable number of aways you can rack up the points quite quickly. Seemed like the ID thing worked well on saturday also. Considerably less dickheadish behaviour from our fans compared to last season and a lot more familiar faces too.

I like Ronald's videos, they are really good and the home game videos work as great adverts for our city. We all know he is supporting his countrymen but he does it in an entertaining way. Ronald is definitely my go to Albion match day vlog. If you get the points you qualify for a ticket, it's as simple as that.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Lovely bit of auto translate by Youtube:

1676290281388.png

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Well the ticket has his name on it so he clearly was able to buy a ticket which suggests he has enough points or like someone said one of the players gave him a comp.

I'm all for these new followers from other countries. Loving how many Japanese supporters we have since Mitoma signed for instance. They might not stick around, some might, but while they are here and following the Albion then all for it!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I found the game (certainly pre game) lacking the edge of the last few years.

I guess the the name on tickets thingy has stopped the passing on of tickets that used to happen to some of our fans who might only go to this one.

Not saying it's a bad thing but it seemed to be a very different demographic to a few years ago.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
That Blog has convinced me that I have been right in avoiding Palace away. Everything about it, from the twattish fans at the start to the 'facilities' and the (lack of) view. Added to tbe almost inevitable disaapointment of the result and the fact that I am not that bothered by the rivalry. All.makes me think that I will stick to away games in places that I actually want to go to, and where the % of idiots around me is likely to be at a bearably low level.

So thank you Ronald for that. I have the points to go, but will continue to leave a place for others.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That Blog has convinced me that I have been right in avoiding Palace away. Everything about it, from the twattish fans at the start to the 'facilities' and the (lack of) view. Added to tbe almost inevitable disaapointment of the result and the fact that I am not that bothered by the rivalry. All.makes me think that I will stick to away games in places that I actually want to go to, and where the % of idiots around me is likely to be at a bearably low level.

So thank you Roland for that. I have the points to go, but will continue to leave a place for others.
Ronald. It’s Ronald.

Jimmy Grimble

I have absolutely no interest in his vlogs so someone may have to help here, but I am very surprised he has enough points for Palace away. Something doesn’t add up there.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I have absolutely no interest in his vlogs so someone may have to help here, but I am very surprised he has enough points for Palace away. Something doesn’t add up there.
He is a season ticket holder and has been to most if not all of the games in league and cup this season away from home.

In this case, he posted on social media asking for a spare ticket, probably due to not meeting the points threshold when they went on sale by the club.

Hope this helps.

Jimmy Grimble

He is a season ticket holder and has been to most if not all of the games in league and cup this season away from home.

In this case, he posted on social media asking for a spare ticket, probably due to not meeting the points threshold when they went on sale by the club.

Hope this helps.
I still don’t think that would add up points wise though!

Asking for a spare ticket would surely get you nowhere as they can’t be passed on?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He’s done a hell of a job staying under the radar if he wasn’t entitled to that ticket.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I still don’t think that would add up points wise though!

Asking for a spare ticket would surely get you nowhere as they can’t be passed on?
Well he got in somehow with a ticket, as shown in the vlog. If it weren’t for this evidence, I would have assumed he swiftly scrambled over a wall and snuck into the ground under the cover of darkness, like an Ecuadorian Spider-Man.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Read the thread, this is discussed loads. In the video you can see his ticket and it has his name written on it so is a legit ticket.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I like Ronald.

Anyone who doesn't should be ashamed of themselves.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
Ronald (Not Roland) has had to take to twitter to defend himself due to rubbish written in this thread..
Here is a guy raising our profile in South America who dedicates himself to going to all the games and is a ST holder.

As he says he is a football fan but obviously follows us due to our Ecuadorean contingent. No different to someone living in say Malmo going to watch them if they had a Brighton player on loan.

I really enjoy his vlogs and hope he carries on despite being called Roland Rat by certain individuals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here