Rohan Ince

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Or madhouse

Let's just agree to disagree on this one. I maintain that for a young player who has started just two games in the Championship, Ince's performances have been been little short of phenomenal. I cannot recall a youngster player making such an impact for us so soon in his career so forgive me if I'm kind of excited about what the future might hold.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
he's always had the raw attributes to be a top defensive midfielder...which you ignored/couldn't see (didn't you used to be a scout or something?). I suspect he is being coached well, yes, but he's also a player with a huge amount of potential who has been impressive each time i've seen him. I just look for the positive attributes in young players rather than their weaknesses if their weaknesses can be improved/ironed out. Ince's weaknesses were always going to be ironed out with game time, and he positives would equally be enhanced (his pace, power, determination etc.)...anyone should have been able to see that- especially someone with your supposed football knowledge.

so don't pretend it's got anything to do with him improving...you were just wrong in the first place

Quite.

:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
for a man 6ft 4in tall heading is one of his weak points and on one occasion today, the only time the ball and his head met, Nathan Jones was screaming from the touchline for him to head it rather than let it hit his head.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I liked the cut of his mustard today, but i won't read an enormous amount into one performance against a side that looked a tad lame and a bit unbothered. Still has some learning to do, but as mentioned, that can only come with experience really. Experience i am happy for him to have over parts of the season. If he blossoms, then we could have a gem on our hands.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
for a man 6ft 4in tall heading is one of his weak points and on one occasion today, the only time the ball and his head met, Nathan Jones was screaming from the touchline for him to head it rather than let it hit his head.

So you choose to focus on the negatives.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I liked the cut of his mustard today, but i won't read an enormous amount into one performance against a side that looked a tad lame and a bit unbothered. Still has some learning to do, but as mentioned, that can only come with experience really. Experience i am happy for him to have over parts of the season. If he blossoms, then we could have a gem on our hands.

Ince had a very good game against Derby too as I recall but I take all your points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You are digging a deeper and deeper hole BG. Ince had a good game, if you think otherwise you are in a very small minority. Who was our last young inexperienced midfielder who made such a good start in the 1st team as Ince has. Remember we are in a very tough division and he has come into an experienced team and made an impact.

Oct 25, 2003
defensive midfield is a really hard position to master (how many young world class defensive midfielders can you think of) and one where players just naturally grow into it. The fact that Ince can stand out as a really good Championship level defensive midfielder just a few games into his senior career is seriously impressive...if you can't see that then there's no point in continuing this discussion

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not at all as I have said he did reasonably well today but lets not get carried away and heap undue pressure on the lad by making out that he is so much better than he actually is. .

I do agree with you about not pressurising the lad too much but it's hard not to be greatly cheered by what I have seen. Indeed, I haven't been so impressed by a player since the great Peter Ward's debut at Hereford.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
defensive midfield is a really hard position to master (how many young world class defensive midfielders can you think of) and one where players just naturally grow into it. The fact that Ince can stand out as a really good Championship level defensive midfielder just a few games into his senior career is seriously impressive...if you can't see that then there's no point in continuing this discussion

It is the fact that Ince has only started two games in the Championship that makes him stand out as a seriously good prospect in my view.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The point is people are saying they wouldnt be worried if Bridcutt was sold and see Ince as the perfect answer to overcome the loss of Bridcutt, this is the major point I disagree with. Yes he did well today but he is not a ready made replacement for Bridcutt, yet.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The point is people are saying they wouldnt be worried if Bridcutt was sold and see Ince as the perfect answer to overcome the loss of Bridcutt, this is the major point I disagree with

I certainly do not want to see Bridcutt sold. He is a terrific, experienced Championship midfielder who I think we should do everything we can to keep. But competition for places is never a bad thing.

Oct 25, 2003
The point is people are saying they wouldnt be worried if Bridcutt was sold and see Ince as the perfect answer to overcome the loss of Bridcutt, this is the major point I disagree with

we'd also have andrews and several million in the bank. Bridcutt had played 30 senior games by the time he'd joined us. Ince had played 2.

I'd say Ince has made a far more impressive start to his Albion career than Bridcutt did....in the league above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports