Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
no where near Bridcutt not now not ever

Stupid statement. He is not near Bridcutt because he has only played one championship game but to say not now not ever is comical. Bridcutt made his debut for us in League One and developed. He wasn't instantly the player he is now otherwise he would have stayed at any of the other clubs he was on loan at before coming here!!!

I am not saying that he is as good as Bridcutt now but he is some prospect....any fool can see that.

Apparently some fools can't!!!

Me too....definately MotM for me...Kemy looks strong....but as much as Calde is a nice guy he was found wanting...yes he supplied the pass for Uiioa's goal but was guilty of their second goal...Martin had so much room and time he could've danced to Verdi's Four Seasons before he put it in the net. Bookings....so many that the electronic scoreboard looked like a bowl of cornflakes...but it will come good...couple of Backs.....we will return ...(our library books next week)

Thought fault for the second goal was more with PIG. He started to come for the ball then went back when, from where I was sitting, it looked like he could cut out the cross!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not expert enough at football tactics to know who was to blame but we seemed to lack a player who covered in front of the back four. Time and again in the first half Derby were attacking wide and laying off the ball to the edge of the box. Whose job was it to cover that? Would normally be Bridcutt and assumed yestersay it was meant to be Ince.

I loved the way he wanted to be offensive and liked a lit about him but his primary role was deep in midfield. Did not do that well yesterday.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I watched him against Newport and Derby, and if I'm honest, I don't think he's ready at this level. He seems to be be getting rave reviews from NSC but I just don't see it. I think our current midfield is very weak compared to last season.

One for the future? yes. Come off the bench? possibly. Start each game? not yet.

I agree our midfield to last season feels considerably weaker at the moment, but Ince is not the cause of that and if anything is a victim. Once Bridcutt is fit he won't be starting, but will have gained from the experience. He IS a good player and has more presence than a number of our players.

That's what I saw too, plenty of raw potential but the Derby midfield was sharper and more purposeful and it's really not good that we are relying on such inexperience, surely needs a six-month loan spell in League one or two somewhere to really blood him, do we really have the luxury of that in our supposed play-off contending position

Today he was my MoM, however I actually felt this was his weakest game for us so far, mainly based on his first half, he needs to stay on his feet a lot more and ensure he has cover before chasing the ball, just an experience thing and somebody must have told him at half-time.

To pick up your point though, the weakness of 4-3-3 is that you are effectively outnumbered in midfield, when you throw in the nightmares that Agustein and Lopez were having, it is no wonder Derby did looked more purposeful.

Even in losing possession and switching to 4-5-1 without the ball, Buckley is a waste of time defensively and it did seem that Ashley and Ulloa rotated the defensive cover and in the end neither of them did one thing or the other......(early days).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[QUOTE

Thought fault for the second goal was more with PIG. He started to come for the ball then went back when, from where I was sitting, it looked like he could cut out the cross![/QUOTE]

My immediate reaction was that his indecision left him in no man's land. Maybe he wouldn't have saved it but he should definitely have come out for the ball.

As for Ince I thought he had an extremely good game for a league debut.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought fault for the second goal was more with PIG. He started to come for the ball then went back when, from where I was sitting, it looked like he could cut out the cross!

He was indecisive and culpable, but it was a dreadful lay-off by Ulloa that lost possession.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thought he was one of our better performers,and will only get better

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Thoughts about Rohan Ince seem to be split. Based on what I have seen of him, I remain of the view that he is going to be an important player for us and will prove to be a major asset this season, whether Bridcutt stays or not.

Anyone wishing to join his fan club should feel free to do so. :lol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He's all legs, fouled too much, went in late a few times, looked a bit slow, early days but to compare him to Liam is wrong

If he continues to be used as the holding midfield player, his height gives him one advantage over Bridcutt. A lot of teams in Europe rely on the player in that position dropping in between the two central defenders when the full backs attack (some team called Barcelona, for instance) and having a taller player there could be useful in British football, when a counter-attack is more likely to see the ball in the air. Of course he hasn't learned the other things that the position requires yet, but that will come with the right coaching.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/04/22/is-the-sweeper-set-for-a-return-to-prominence/

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The lad has to mature and really grow into the positional sense of the role, but the only way to do that is to play. Whether that's with us or loaned out for a spell to read opponents all the better and play under pressure is not my decision to make, but he's certainly a player of potential with the power to turn on the ball and be a physical force equally.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he continues to be used as the holding midfield player, his height gives him one advantage over Bridcutt. Of course he hasn't learned the other things that the position requires yet, but that will come with the right coaching.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/04/22/is-the-sweeper-set-for-a-return-to-prominence/

Bridcut for his size is far better in the air than Ince who is 6ft 4in when standing and 6ft 2in when he jumps to head a ball, and subsequently jumped but didnt win many headers that Bridcutt would have won with his ability to get up high. Overall a promising debut but nothing to rave over.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bridcut for his size is far better in the air than Ince who is 6ft 4in when standing and 6ft 2in when he jumps to head a ball, and subsequently jumped but didnt win many headers that Bridcutt would have won with his ability to get up high. Overall a promising debut but nothing to rave over.

OK. So name a young DS player who has had a better debut for us in recent years? I can't think of a better performance from a youngster. Much credit to Oscar for giving him a chance so soon although I'm sure there are many who would say that he would be nowhere near the first team if Bridcutt was fit.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
potential, but has much to learn.

Jimmy Grimble

Foot like a sledge hammer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
OK. So name a young DS player who has had a better debut for us in recent years? I can't think of a better performance from a youngster. Much credit to Oscar for giving him a chance so soon although I'm sure there are many who would say that he would be nowhere near the first team if Bridcutt was fit.

There hasnt been because none are ready or good enough yet including Ince potentially yes but not ready yet. The nearest to it is JFC against Southampton but he doesnt appear to have moved on up a level to be challenging for a first team spot..

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Been very good every time at DM..... couple times seen him play CB he's been rather average. Not putting a downer on him as been one of my favourite players for 4-5 months just saying :thumbsup:

Let's not build him up to be anything more than a solid potential Championship player yet though please! Comparisons with Bridcutt or the like who could make it with a lower Prem team are great, but Viera and Toure ummmm different class to 99% of the players currently starting in the Prem let alone Championship back-ups :p Get that it's more a 'style' thing some times but others you think people could actually be saying something else!

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Ince,I've seen him twice now, and IMO he's got the size, strength, ball control and he can get forward to shoot that will make him a 1st team player all he needs is games. At the moment what's not helping him is the situation with the m/f where we have 1 new player, 1 player who's not fit yet and a new system but given time Ince could be a very good player, one who many opp. players won't want to tangle with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here