Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whats the point in the academy then when we train the youngsters up only for them to f@@k off because their agent can get them a better deal. Might as well shut the place down and save ourselfs £3m a year as that what it'll cost to run. Be better spending that on players.

We didn't train him up though did we. He's not even been here a year yet has he ?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
We didn't train him up though did we. He's not even been here a year yet has he ?

We took him from the Chelsea scrap heap and under Oscar guidance then he's now a first team player so that to me means we've trained him in the right manner wouldn't you agree?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I think there is a cliche somewhere that goes something like 'that's football for ya'. I think bloom will have a plan, but it really isn't that simple.

Having watched Tony Blooms interview on his Journey to Bournemouth then he said the academy will safe us money as we'll produce players for the future instead of paying vast sums on buying players. Don't think Mr Bloom will be saying that's football for ya but the opposite.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Having watched Tony Blooms interview on his Journey to Bournemouth then he said the academy will safe us money as we'll produce players for the future instead of paying vast sums on buying players. Don't think Mr Bloom will be saying that's football for ya but the opposite.

Most clubs ,us included ,use their academy as a cash stream . I dont know mr blooms thinking but if a gem comes from your academy he will go to a bigger club and that is football . All he can do is try to tie him down on a long contract so you get good returns on your investment , the only sticking point is the agent who will see £ signs and will advise his client to sit tight and see what happens . It happens to us and it will happen to you .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whats the point in the academy then when we train the youngsters up only for them to f@@k off because their agent can get them a better deal. Might as well shut the place down and save ourselfs £3m a year as that what it'll cost to run. Be better spending that on players.
The academy has to be part of a club that's better than elsewhere.

All the time we are 'languishing' in the second division, the academy will just be supermarket for Premier League teams to pick and choose who they want.

The only upshot to that would be at least the academy would be self financing and even profit making.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I find some of the views on here bizarre. Ince has obviously been great this season and I really hope we keep him. But, if he doesn't want to sign a new contract and decides to move on, we have to deal with that. It happens in football and we will do similar to players from other clubs from the lower leagues.

For anyone to say if Ince doesn't stay we might as well not bother with our academy is ridiculous. I really hope he stays but this sort of reactionary rubbish is pointless.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
More plaudits for Rohan from opposition supporters today....

"ince who tore us apart. Not our inces though, theirs were much better."

"Rohan Ince was an absolute monster. I'd got it in my head he'd be scrawny winger for some reason but if he's still growing at 21 then Brighton look like they've done well out of Chelsea's reserves. Not up against much today but looks like a midfielder who you CAN put in the back four in an emergency"

"Agreed, absolute monster! No relation surely"

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

Wow.

Take Southampton as an example. They have some fantastic players from their youth academy who play regularly in their first team.

Equally, they have also had players plucked from them in the early stages of their careers. Maybe down to agents, or just natural progression as there are bigger clubs out there.

Both ways work out well and the worst case scenario is that they get a nice big pay off when the player/agent put his foot down and decides to move on.

There isn't a down side to our new academy.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
What is the Bosman situation with Ince ? If we offer him a contract and he declines we will be due a fee set by a tribunal?
I can't exactly remember how it works but if he does go I can not see it being for 'free'. My view is we should tie him down on a 4 yr contract equal to Bridcutts with a 4M buy out clause.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wasn't Tony prepared to pay enough to keep Murray, but it was Gus' call and he didn't want? ???

That's what rumour says, but the only facts we know is that Murray gets 70% more wages at Palace.

I don't like waiting until the end of a season when players are out of contract. I believe that contract negotiations should start in November even if the contract isn't actually signed until March/April.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
My view is we should tie him down on a 4 yr contract equal to Bridcutts with a 4M buy out clause.

A £4m buyout clause? Are you mad? He's only 21 and already rapidly establishing himself as an important player for a team chasing promotion to the Premier League. Say we get promoted and he shines in the league above - he'd go for double that release clause you suggested

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
More plaudits for Rohan from opposition supporters today....

"ince who tore us apart. Not our inces though, theirs were much better."

"Rohan Ince was an absolute monster. I'd got it in my head he'd be scrawny winger for some reason but if he's still growing at 21 then Brighton look like they've done well out of Chelsea's reserves. Not up against much today but looks like a midfielder who you CAN put in the back four in an emergency"

"Agreed, absolute monster! No relation surely"
I must admit he does look a very good prospect . I've seen very little of him but the one game I watched him close up , so to speak , he looked a monster . I'd be very surprised if clubs weren't watching him , with his contract situation as it is , and I hope we are one of them . I really rate the kid and if you get him to sign a new contract it will be your best signing this season .

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
A £4m buyout clause? Are you mad? He's only 21 and already rapidly establishing himself as an important player for a team chasing promotion to the Premier League. Say we get promoted and he shines in the league above - he'd go for double that release clause you suggested

True, but the has to be some incentive for him to sign. 4M is a deterrent to the lower prem clubs, he may not develop at all. At this moment in time his value is probably 1M ?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
True, but the has to be some incentive for him to sign. 4M is a deterrent to the lower prem clubs, he may not develop at all. At this moment in time his value is probably 1M ?

£1M? :wrong::wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here