Votes: 31 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 147 82.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm here and I'm afraid no lessons have been learned from the FBS concerts re catering. Complete meltdown, winding queues, everything's run out by 6.30 inc crisps. I'm ashamed to say a joke and the first timers around me are dreaming for the O2. All we had to do was be on a par with match day and we can't even do that

Glad now that I stayed with my daughter and her mates in the beer garden of the Open House until post-5pm as assumed the catering would screw up like last time. To be fair though, she's posted a photo on Facebook of her swigging from a bottle of wine on the Amex pitch, so maybe the catering wasn't all that bad! That's my girl!! :lol:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Glad now that I stayed with my daughter and her mates in the beer garden of the Open House until post-5pm as assumed the catering would screw up like last time. To be fair though, she's posted a photo on Facebook of her swigging from a bottle of wine on the Amex pitch, so maybe the catering wasn't all that bad! That's my girl!! :lol:

Much like yourself then :)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
It's just taken me an hour to home to burgess hill from woodingdean. The traffic queues are horrific, I know there is traffic on match days, but I've never seen anything like this, the lights at the junction aren't working properly, coupled with drunk people walking in the road towards woodingdean oblivious to the cycle/foot path the other side of the hedge, no buses I could see, the queue turning into village way to pick people up is as big as I've ever seen. The queue east bound now is as bad as matchday, and it's gone 23.30. For gigs like this there needs to be extra trains and a park and ride like we have on match days. All it does is reflect badly on us as a club no matter how good the venue is.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
GreAt event. Rod seemed to love it. Great clips of seagulls badge and buckley and ulloa goals but what happened to the encore?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Catering was pants, no food and ran out of bottled water but Rod was on form, glad I went.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was there many there?

Honestly not sure, possibly 25,000, Rod really is a good performer but it did seem to end very quickly. Oh and Mrs Stewart passed us on the pitch on her way to the directors box. Their two kids "performed" during one song.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Wife just got home.

Loved the concert,great seats, view etc, said the transport and catering were a complete shambles.

Nothing new there then.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can't understand how difficult it can be to get the catering right. They know how many tickets were sold, they must have some idea of demand.

seafordtillidie

May 26, 2011
I thought the sound was pretty poor, especially at the start although it did get slightly better as it went on. I still enjoyed it though.

The catering in west lower was really poor but if you went round to the last bar in the south stand it was no problem. When I went there was no queue and plenty of food.

We were expecting to get stuck with the travel but we managed to get on the last train to Seaford, and we may even have got the previous one if we hadn't hung around inside the ground for another drink. When our train came in there was hardly anyone left on either platform, 1 1/2 hours after the concert finished so I dont think it was that bad, it could certainly have been worse.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Didn't go but wandered over about 845 from woodingdean to meet my daughter from work.
Sound seemed ok when I got there from outside and could be heard clearly most of the way up the falmer road.
I'd never seen as many seriously drunk people at footy as I saw stumbling out of the amex tonight, I guess it could've been the 2 pint cups. There was a fight which resulted in a couple of guys leaving the north stand, one in an ambulance the other in a police van.
The traffic management at the end was shocking though, village way was utter chaos, not sure how the trains were but the temporary taxi rank was jammed,the bus stops were awful with little or no stewarding and pedestrians spilling into the road. It made match day look a stroll in the park. Certainly park and ride facilities would have helped

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Couldn't hear anything from Bevendean, which is ashame as the FBS concert could have been heard clearly from the garden. Next time turn the volume up!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thought the sound was a bit crap at the start, but it was sorted pretty quickly. Easy enough to get a beer, but no food where ever I tried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here