• No

Votes: 147 82.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
Looks like you weren't sat far from us. Block B6, row P

Oh, and I have shamelessly linked your vid from youtube and put it on my facebook - hope you don't mind :thumbsup:

No objections from me, not my video! Just found it while browsing to see if anyone had captured the tribute. Thought the video and words went well together but far too many references to Celtic for my liking!

I was WSL block g, someone mentioned the smell there but I didn't notice (maybe a sign of guilt).

Also noted one of the signed balls which Rod kicked into the crowd is already on eBay with a £500 asking price!.. Hardly surprising, the seller is from Pompey. (Also not me!)

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Noted the stadium problems which will lead to fewer people going in future,however good the concert is the problems in getting to and from the venue plus poor and expensive catering,These large venues are fine for the entertainer with a very high box office however fans will eventually give it a miss.
Tried the O2 a couple of years ago,although seated about a third of the way from the stage had to use the large screens for most of the time,never again.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
No objections from me, not my video! Just found it while browsing to see if anyone had captured the tribute. Thought the video and words went well together but far too many references to Celtic for my liking!

I was WSL block g, someone mentioned the smell there but I didn't notice (maybe a sign of guilt).

Also noted one of the signed balls which Rod kicked into the crowd is already on eBay with a £500 asking price!.. Hardly surprising, the seller is from Pompey. (Also not me!)

Were also in WSL block G row U and we didn't smell anything. Obviously some people have very sensitive noses.

Read all the negativity. We had a great time, stayed to the end and even with big queue for train back to Brighton, got home by 11.45pm.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The ticket office would have been open, especially if ticket barriers were in operation at the station, if they werent - i can only assume a short term staffing issue is the cause. The ticket machines really arent hard to use, you choose the station, choose if you want a single/return then choose how many are travelling then you pay. And why was there ticket inspectors ? To make sure no one is fare evading - simple as that, people shouldnt get free rides when others have to pay.

Also, "you heard" the sound was crap ? From what you said above, it sounded like you were there, but were you or not ?

You and I may think ticket machines are simple but can you not just accept that some people especially some older ones might struggle any get flustered.

I was not there but it does not make my point any less relevant when people I have spoken to and so many have mentioned it on here. Its just poor sound engineering by Rod's crew. By way of illustrating the point my fave band Iron Maiden have played all sorts of venues around the world and the only venues that cause issues have been open field places like Donnington. However, their long time front of house engineer retired and ever since the new guy has consistently struggled. The amex bowl is nothing unusual so there is no excuse

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0rAV_rk_g

Rod's nod to the Albion is from about 2:53.

He would have 'nodded' at whomsoever's football team's stadium he was performing at. Does not make up for the fact that some poor 5 yr old's great great grandfather has gone missing from the care home wearing red tights and sporting a very silly hair do. The nut has ended up on a stage in the Amex. Euthanise. The musical concerts so far at the Amex have been awful, truly a disgrace!

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I have seen several complaints about food running out in WSL. They were the lucky ones! I unfortunatly bought the fish and chips. The few chips were cold and I dont know what the very small fish tasted of., the Harveys i bought was only about 2 thirds up the glass. I asked for it to be topped up and the foreign bar man did not know what I was talking about claiming it was a pint! I was told it was the same caterers that do the football. If that is the case god help us for the new season. Finally where on earth were the stewards in Village Way at the end of the concert. It was chaos. A good concert ruined by very sub standard catering and very poor stuarding at the end.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why does no-one ever learn the Stadium catering is sh1te, there are more than enough threads match day stating this.

Had a superb Uncle Sams pre-match so no need to waste time and money to be disappointed.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why does no-one ever learn the Stadium catering is sh1te, there are more than enough threads match day stating this.

Had a superb Uncle Sams pre-match so no need to waste time and money to be disappointed.

Spot on with your comments about stadium food.
I have never got the 'must have a pie' hype at the Amex.

Those hot dogs look delicious, said no one ever! :p

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I rather hoped they might have some of those nice takeaway vans you get at major concert/sporting venues, serving curries, noodles, jacket potatoes, bacon rolls, hog roast etc... or at least the regular Amex pies... but no. It was all rather disappointing and a wasted opportunity to make it a more special and enjoyable event. Ho hum.

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
I rather hoped they might have some of those nice takeaway vans you get at major concert/sporting venues, serving curries, noodles, jacket potatoes, bacon rolls, hog roast etc... or at least the regular Amex pies... but no. It was all rather disappointing and a wasted opportunity to make it a more special and enjoyable event. Ho hum.

Could not fault the hospitality in the Box on the halfway line, chillers full of wine, beers frosting the glass, a meal far superior to that enjoyed in 1901 on matchdays and the legend himself. Great night..... Well done to all the support staff at the Amex.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just watched the YouTube clip. To be fair, it sounded great fun.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just watched the YouTube clip. To be fair, it sounded great fun.

It was a good gig, don't attend many events these days when I am on the younger side of the audience.

For a guy who is 68, I believe he put on a great show with a very good backing band. The only slightly pretentious thing was do you really need to put up on the video screen all the balls kicked into the crowd are officially signed by Rod. His wife is stonkingly good looking.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It was a good gig, don't attend many events these days when I am on the younger side of the audience.

For a guy who is 68, I believe he put on a great show with a very good backing band. The only slightly pretentious thing was do you really need to put up on the video screen all the balls kicked into the crowd are officially signed by Rod. His wife is stonkingly good looking.

*cough* 69 actually :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A good concert ruined by very sub standard catering

I clicked on this thread as I wondered why gripes about traffic were taking up so many page I'm a bit taken aback by these references to catering. I've been going to gigs for more than 40 years - I can't count how many but must be getting for a couple of thousand. I can't recall getting food at any of them (apart from festivals) and if I did, it certainly wouldn't have been the significant part of the event.

What is it about Rod Stewart fans and the need to fill their faces? It's not something that's occurred to most of us concert-goers ... all very strange

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I certainly would never think of a concert as ruined by poor catering, transport or stewarding.I always go for the music. Sure I can get frustrated by a queue at the bar but it's not like football where it's time limited. Pick a good moment and grab a beer when the queues not so bad.
If I'm seeing an act I enjoy and they've put on a good show nothing would ruin that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here