Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Rod Liddle's opinion of Brighton

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I didn't actually ask for your opinions of Rod Liddle, I asked whether you thought his description of Brighton was a valid one.However you all seem to prefer just to call him names and so we'll leave it at that.

In that case, he is wrong. He is just creating stereotypes and stirring hatred.

That said, there is a wonderful weird edge to our town. I hope it stays forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I didn't actually ask for your opinions of Rod Liddle, I asked whether you thought his description of Brighton was a valid one.However you all seem to prefer just to call him names and so we'll leave it at that.

No its not full of perverts and weirdos.

el punal

Rod Liddle in the latest edition of The Spectator talks about Labour's chances of winning back the "red wall" seats. He says "it can't ever because in order to do so it would have to adopt policies which would estrange it from the areas it can do well: affluent university cities such as Oxford and Cambridge, affluent pretend-countryside places such as Chipping Norton, and various nests of weirdos and perverts such as Brighton."

A valid description of our fair city?

The West Upper on a Saturday match day is certainly a nest of weirdos and perverts, in fact perverted weirdos. Can’t speak for the rest of Brighton and Hove though.

Isn’t Rod Liddle a Millwall fan? Bless. :drink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
His Wiki entry makes interesting reading...

Edit - and no, that isn't one of his controversies!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Was this the same Rod Liddle that said he'd would prefer to live in the North Korean capital of Pyongyang than in Brighton because of the city’s drugs and “liberal claptrap”?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Any friend of Fararge must be a right t**t

By the way Fararge is currently in the USA on a talking tour which as fears over Covid19 is a series of limited numbers ticket only events, apparently these tickets are free available on line with no restrictions where in the world you are booking from as such many are taking the opertunity to book them from the UK in the hope of Fararge on stage with an empty auditorium in front of him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here