[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Strange how Pep likes City so much. Undoubtedly a great manager, but I would like to see him doing it at a club that isn't 1st or 2nd of the richest clubs in whatever league.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Strange how Pep likes City so much. Undoubtedly a great manager, but I would like to see him doing it at a club that isn't 1st or 2nd of the richest clubs in whatever league.
For a Spaniard I'd have thought he'd have done his time under Manc's slate grey skies by now. He's also made digs at their fanbase before. Can't see him there much longer, especially as he tends not to let the grass grow under his feet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For a Spaniard I'd have thought he'd have done his time under Manc's slate grey skies by now. He's also made digs at their fanbase before. Can't see him there much longer, especially as he tends not to let the grass grow under his feet.
There are 20m reasons why he stays there...............

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Spending £b’s in fees and wages, part funded by rule breaking faux sponsorships and illegal additional remuneration to players/staff via Abu Dhabi entities. Charges proven, but time barred once it went to CAS. Abu Dhabi had dragged it out for years to achieve that, using several top firms of lawyers to lead UEFA a merry dance.

Right down Guardiola’s alley.

Barcelona, Bayern, Abu Dhabi. He’s only manages where trophies are a near cert.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Missed out to Pep in the LMA awards. What do they know, eh?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Missed out to Pep in the LMA awards. What do they know, eh?
Lazy choice, I could win the league with Man City

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I imagine the way RDZ talks about players deserving opportunities at ‘bigger clubs’ with the chance to play in ‘bigger competitions’ is very true of his own future.

Enjoy the ride because this guy seems the real deal and will be managing one of the big 6 in the next few years IMO.

Newcastle would be my bet….
I wonder when fans will start to get pissed off ‘enjoying the ride’ and enjoying players why they are here. It’s natural progression for supporters to want more success when some comes your way. We are already dreaming of some decent success in Europe league.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Vote for him in the BBC Manager of the Season poll - he's currently second (Eddie Howe winning by 4%)

Howe’s leading. He performed a miracle by getting 9 more points than us.

(Excluding Owen obvs).

IMG_0487.png

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Fans of the big spending clubs don’t really get the very valid point you’re making @Weststander - to them it’s perfectly reasonable to spend so much.
I have been a tad surprised(though of course I shouldn’t be) that the pundits praising Howe never seem to notice just how much they’ve spent since the Saudi takeover - fair play he’s also done an excellent job but don’t ignore the money they’ve spent!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fans of the big spending clubs don’t really get the very valid point you’re making @Weststander - to them it’s perfectly reasonable to spend so much.
I have been a tad surprised(though of course I shouldn’t be) that the pundits praising Howe never seem to notice just how much they’ve spent since the Saudi takeover - fair play he’s also done an excellent job but don’t ignore the money they’ve spent!
Yep - the media making out like Newcastle reaching the Champions Lge is some kind of miracle underdog story is nauseating - ok they've not spent Chelsea levels of money (yet) but its come as no surprise to absolutely anyone bar the media it seems that they've been taken over by a state and are now in the Champions League

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports