Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Welcome Zerbs.

Italian signings on the horizon?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I for one welcome our new Italian overlords
d2127f91002282d71e3794babb76b4cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not even announced yet and we already have people saying ‘you can’t play like that in the PL’ ****ing hell if you get that time on the ball in Italy then the coach will adapt the team to use it. No reason he cannot adapt to the PL he is a highly rated coach.

It took Potter 2+ seasons to get us to the place he left us but we are writing off the new guy based on a YouTube compilation

Jesus wept

Folk have the right to an opinion. And the pace and physicality of the league is something that he will have to consider.

Anyway, what matters is the club think he is the right fit and we all get behind him and the team. I'm sure we will.

Hopefully the journey now continues to the good.

UTA :albion2:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really excited, great news.

Edit - still know very little about him, but like Italian football, and trust some NSC opinions.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our players are more than capable of playing his style of football imo, thanks to GP

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
De Zerbi will need time to adjust and I just hope the keyboard warriors will behave for a while at least

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Was sorted pretty quickly. Plenty of time to plan for Anfield.

This. I think one of the main reasons I thought he was the man was immediate availability. With Knutsen, for example, we'd have had to get permission to speak, agree compo, interview to ensure he was interested, see if he and all his staff wanted to relocate from Norway, pay compo. Here we have a team ready to move in.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Folk have the right to an opinion. And the pace and physicality of the league is something that he will have to consider.

Anyway, what matters is the club think he is the right fit and we all get behind him and the team. I'm sure we will.

Hopefully the journey now continues to the good.

UTA :albion2:

They do but give the bloke a chance!!

Plenty of examples of managers with no PL experience who have adapted this is a really highly rated coach and the club have pulled off securing him. Let’s give him time to adapt and build on the work of Potter and hopefully we can push on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very very happy with this!

It’s evolution, not revolution.

Brilliant work by Tony & Paul.

They’ve given us a fighting chance of another top 10 EPL finish with this appointment!

Now for the Pizza, Pasta and Birra Moretti to celebrate!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Our players are more than capable of playing his style of football imo, thanks to GP

Gus Poyet or Graham Potter? Poyet started a philosophy of having players here comfortable on the ball, and Oscar was the same. Hughton played possession stuff when it suited him in the Championship too. Dunk has been through all of those coaches as has Barber. Good technical football is paramount in the academy teams.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope you are all ready to take a few steps back before we go forward again.

I cannot see our early season from continuing, especially given our upcoming games.

NSC is going to be interesting if we lose a few over the next couple of months

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here