[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Expect some Italian shitehousery from October the first.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Probably been posted already, but I’m not trawling through this thread to find it, I’m sold….

https://youtu.be/u7zbF10E-uY

I've been watching a bunch of you tube stuff about ' De Zerbi ball '. Lots of similarities with Potter but even riskier stuff building from the back.....which GP seemed to have been moving away from towards more direct stuff. Hopefully the players will take to it quickly and we get some early success because the crowd might take a while to catch on to what we're doing.....and there will be grumbling when it inevitably goes wrong a few times and the opposition press wins the ball and an easy goal. It's especially disconcerting to see the centre back stand still with his foot on the ball to entice the opposition forward.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Betfair markets still open on exchange...

db5ad8a8fd9ad4ad27fe1a40ff432cb0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

And this would be the Biggest Overround in history !

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He won't get away with lots of that in the Premier League. I'm certain he'll adapt slightly but do it a little quicker than Potter who was very dogmatic early on but found the right balance last season.

Hopefully he isn't bringing Marlon with him. Fun to watch, yeah... but would get eaten in the PL.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It looks like possession football squared.

I guess the mantra is, 'how can the opposition hurt us if they can't get the ball'?

It won't always work of course, but over a season? I can see us doing well.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Italian Bob

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As others have said, that video is all well and good in those leagues, but none of that will pass muster in the PL. Not even Man City with their talent can play as that slow pace and win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports